Willys Wagon on K5 Blazer frame? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Full Sized All discussion of full sized Jeeps: Wagoneer, Full Size Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Willys Wagon on K5 Blazer frame?

Anyone done this. I have a 50 something wagon in great condition and was wantingn to put the body on a k5 blazer frame just because it already has 350, axles, tranny, xfer, etc. The wheelbase difference is 106.5 to 104 (shouldn't be a problem. The reason for this is because I don't knowhow difficult it would be to find lift kits and such for the old wagon's frame.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2002, 09:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Willys Wagon on K5 Blazer frame?

Newer jeep frames are close to chevy on width...get a tape measure and check body mount locations..also..be prepared to change steering column..and to fabricate a mount setup for master cyl. and vaccume booster.check gas tank location and fill tube on wagon... lots of work but but very doable( here is a wagon conversion on a cherokee frame I happened to see)http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1856993560
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2002, 10:13 AM
GMH
Journeyman

I have done this swap using a 54 willys p/u body. The truck was a 118" wheelbase, so I chopped 12" off the box, moved the fenders forward and moved the engine rearward 4". I had to add a x-member behind the t-case because the frame was cracking due to too much flex. this will likely not be a problem with the wagon body.The K-5 steering column/brake booster mount can be cut to fit up under the dash and bolted in. I fabricated a steering shaft using a combination of ford aerostar u-joints and chevy D/D shafts.Cooling is now a problem since I added a mildly built 350. I had a 3-row rad built using plymouth tanks but it is no longer sufficient.
All in all, this makes a good combo, as it gives you heavy duty hardware with a minimum of fabrication required.Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2002, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. I feel much better now. I knew it was possible but was not too sure how big of project I was getting my self into. Oh well...the bigger the better. It will be well worth it when it all finished. I'm sure I'll have many many more questions once I get into it. Thanks again!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2002, 08:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hi, i have a Willys 57 with the k5 Motor, Transfer, etc.

But the thing i did, was to put the Transfer, Difs, Motor, etc. in my Willys, i have the old Chasis of the Willys and i put some 35 tires!

Bye
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode