how to identify parts on wagoneer? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Full Sized All discussion of full sized Jeeps: Wagoneer, Full Size Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 11:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

how to identify parts on wagoneer?

hello, i was wondering how to identify drive train parts on a truck like river beasts, i might buy one, shinie it up, an sell. it has a 360, and is all time 4wd. so i dont want to use it as a daily drive heeh.

let me know thx.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 03:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: how to identify parts on wagoneer?

What exactly do you need to know...

74-79 had TH400/QT combos (some had lo range, some didn't) earlier models had TH400/Dana20 and even the T18/Dana20 80's ran a 727 tranny with a few more T-cases like the 208 and 229 and a few more.

Rear axles:
5 lug 19 spline 44's up until 73 then went to the 30 spline 6 lug 44's. 74-79 equipped with 44's were heavily offset to the pass side in 80's they went back and forth between the AMC20 and the 44

Front axles:
up until 73 most were closed knuckle 27's (5 lug) then went to the 44's (6 Lug)

anthing else?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 09:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thin that bout covers it man, seem kinda lonely on this board?>

also, i was wondering if there were any like, numbers or something on the axles, tcase, anywhere that i could look at and tell also? thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 10:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Lonely....nah... I am one who surfs many boards but my heart and rig belongs to www.ifsja.org ... that's where I started and got all my info when my SJ was stock in 97... it just 'grew' from there

The axles should have stamps on them or raised letters. the AMC20 rear diff covers are completely ROUND and the Dana44's look like a baby 60 at the cover. the T-cases should be tagged as well.... visual comparisons are the best source though....

I have a pic of the 44 on my site under the drivetrain section.... also there is a pic of a TH400/Dana20 combo I rebuilt.

If you search online or go to www.ifsja.org you can get alot of info off the tech sections...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode