84 wagoneer - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Full Sized All discussion of full sized Jeeps: Wagoneer, Full Size Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2002, 08:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

84 wagoneer

In march of this year I went to an auto auction and saw a 84 jeep wagoneer coming through the auction garage I told my wife that I had to have it and she looked at me and laughed. This jeep wasnt to pretty on the eyes but I wanted it. So as it came through I waited to see what anyone would bid on it and it started at $100 I jumped in right away at $200 then some other guy went to $250 I left with this Jeep at $275 my wife said I cant believe your getting this piece of S#%T.(I still laugh at that one)Well its been 4 months now and I havent had a problem with this thing yet It doesnt look all that great but it WILL. Now I have realized that its time to make this thing standout so I want to redo the interior to suit my needs and also lift this bad boy up and put some real tires on it. I am also confused that it is a 84 wagoneer with a 360 from everything that I have seen or found the 360 was available in the grand wagoneer only(correct me if I'm wrong) I would like anyones advice on where to find parts, what steps should be taken, and what they have down with there wagoneers.

Thanks in advance
Bill from PA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 07:50 AM

Re: 84 wagoneer

Hey Bill,
In addition to this site check out this one:
http://www.ifsja.org/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi

There seems to be much more traffic over there.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 09:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

That's a STEAL!!! Congrats!!! You have to have a 'vision' when you look at her... what you 'see' will give you the dirve and motivation to make your dreams come true!

My wife literally CRIED when I came home with this in July of 97:

5 years later she can't wait to go 'play' and I have to disable her when I'm at work or she goes out tearing it up!!!

the FSJ's Wags/GW/Cheros and Jtrucks all had options... most were 360's or 401's early on but in the 80's there were ALOT of 258 's installed in these for economy reason... go figure....

There are plenty of upgrades and parts out there... you just need to know where to look. Many of us rely on other owners who have done the research to find wheat we need...
A GREAT source is the Forums at the IFSJA ( www.ifsja.org )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 06:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You did a good job on the transformation. How much did you pay for it originally and how much money did you put into it? That is what I'd like to do to mine something like that anyway. Also what did you have to do to raise up 14" .

Nice jeep thanks for the response

Bill
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 07:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

hehe... let's just say I got it for less than you paid for yours...and it didn't run for 6 years!

Up to date, I have over $5K but less than $10k invested...noone really knows for sure [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] too bad you can't put a price on knowledge and experience gains.

As far as lift...4" Skyjacker Softride springs on all corners, Then came the Spring-Over-Axle conversion (SOA) which gained another 7"... I fabricated my own 7" Rear Shackle Inversion Kit which leveled the rear out without any blocks...the kit can be seen here... http://home.earthlink.net/~riverbeast/RB_Kustoms

I also run a 3" bodylift and I replaced the OEM shackles up front with 96 3/4T Suburban rear shackles.

Both Dana 44's have full carrier Detroit Lockers and 4.89 gears... eventually to be upgraded to Dana 60's and OX Lockers.

that's a quick run down... most of which can be found on my website and much more in depth of ALL that I have done...

more that happy to help when I can....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode