Running Temp - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Full Sized All discussion of full sized Jeeps: Wagoneer, Full Size Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2002, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Running Temp

I have a question for you guys. I am usually on the xj forum but my buddy has a question that i hope one of you can answer for him. He has an 83 cj that he bought with a wagoneer 360 v8 in it. Somehow he cracked a head and so he got the engine totally replaced with an engine from an 89 wagoneer, also 360 v8. The question he is having is that the engine runs at around 220deg. The first thing i told him to do is to see if the guy that installed the engine put in a new t-stat and what temp t-stat it is. Next after that would be to replace the t-stat and see if that is the problem. Before he got the engine replaced it ran around 200 deg. why would the engine raise in temp that much. The radiator is the same.
Thanks in advance for your help...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2002, 07:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Radiator

Radiator could be blocked up...try back flushing it... slowly over time the cooling veins can clog making the temperature climb...feel for cool spots on the radiator after it's hot. I had a similar problem in my Burb... not enuf flow... 220 is hot my FSJ runs at 195 with the AC on and 112 degrees outside.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode