Parting Out '83 Jeep Cherokee Laredo - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Full Sized All discussion of full sized Jeeps: Wagoneer, Full Size Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2002, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

Parting Out \'83 Jeep Cherokee Laredo

I have an '83 Cherokee Laredo we are parting out. If you are interested in something let me know and I'll let you know if I have it and how much.

We are keeping the engine, trans, frame, and a few other odds and ends for our project, but everything else goes.

The cherokee was all electric (doors, seats, rear window, sun roof etc.). I do not know the condition of these electrical parts, I do think the drivers side window needs repair, but everthing else is as is.

The tub is decent shape but has the typical Jeep fading paint on top and there is some surface rust and a pin hole rust spot above the drivers side rear side window, it can be fixed with a little work.

The side windows and sun roof have what appears to be factory tint (if that was offered), either that or it was very well done .

Have 4 factory chrome 8 lug wheels, rear HD dana 20 (jeep has factory towing package so I assume the gearing is at least 3.54), front Dana 44 Drivers side drop.

I guess the TC is a quad (the Jeep has "selectrac" on the side and the shifter is beneath the drivers seat).

Front fenders are in relatively good shape with the exception of the the drivers side is dented on the lowest edge of the fender flare (it can be fixed).

The interior is black (seats black and silver). The front seats are in fair condition, there are a few small tears (nothing over an inch) i don't know if the electric functions on the seats work, but was told my the previous owner that they did, the rear carpeted side panels ar in good shape, rear seat is in good shape (no tears). The instument cluster is in good shape, (the top of the dash is cracked and messed up).

There are other things I'm sure, just ask and i'll let you know...I am located in Bastrop Texas (approx. 45 minutes East of Austin and 2.5 hours west of Houston).

I will not ship large or bulky items, but may consider shipping smaller items.

I can send pics for items you are interested in, just let me know.....

Email me with any questions (i'll do my best to answer, I own SWB jeeps and don't know much about the big uns [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]... [email protected]

thanks, kerryp

http://bastroptx4x4.alloffroad.com
or for pictures
http://photos.yahoo.com/cj8r
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-03-2002, 07:54 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Parting Out \'83 Jeep Cherokee Laredo

Hey Kerry,

Are you sure those are 8-lug wheels? If they are 6-lug and aluminum let me know.

Thanks,
Tom

4WheelDriveWeb
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-03-2002, 08:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

they are 6 lug that was just a typo

http://www.bastroptx4x4.alloffroad.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-03-2002, 11:58 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I forgot to ask??

What about the driveshafts, what are the lengths and do they have CVs at the TC?

Thanks.

4WheelDriveWeb
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

Tom, they are 6, sorry, typo, the front driveshaft does have the cv, but its already spoken for for my Scrambler (sorry, thats one of the things I was keeping, I was considering keeping the rear depending on the length for the scrambler as well (its a standard driveshaft), if I don't keep it I will let you know..

The rims are the standard chrome wagon wheel (6 lug [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img])that jeep offered, they are not aluminum and don't look like the ones in the picture, sorry.

kerryp

or for pictures
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 11:48 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I don't personally need anything, but there are a lot of people on the IFSJA site who are looking for the grille. It sthe chrome one with the verticle slats and square lights.

Chris

post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 12:49 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Thanks for the info.

I was wondering if those driveshafts would work on a Scrambler. Do you think that the front shaft could be shortened to use as a rear shaft on a Scrambler? I would like to have CVs on both of my shafts and have been trying to find a good donor vehicle. Give me the measurements on that front shaft if you have time.

Thanks,
Tom

4WheelDriveWeb
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

What drivetrain do you have in your Scrambler??? I was planning on taking the front CV shaft and maybe having to lengthen it to use on my scrambler, I'll have to look at it again, but I think its relatively short compared to the rear shaft....I'll measure it or see if ZLY can since its at his house...maybe I'm just tripping and thinking my rear shaft is longer than I thought???

kerryp

or for pictures
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 05:49 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Hey Kerry,
I am running a 258/TF727/D300 drivetrain with a front '79 Wagoneer D44 and a rear '85 G.Wagoneer AMC20HD. My original Scrambler front shaft is longer than the rear. The new drivetrain is very similar in length to the original 258/T4/D300 setup. I think it is about 1" longer than before. I am going to need longer shafts on both ends because of my SOA lift. Let me know how long the Cherokee front shaft is and the approximate diameter. I assume it is similar in diameter to the factory CJ rear shaft.

Thanks,

I just measured and the front Scrambler shaft is 30.5"s compressed to the center of the u-joints, the rear is 29.5"s.

4WheelDriveWeb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode