bro looking for amigo - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Isuzu Honda Discussion of all Isuzu, off-road vehicles and clones (Honda).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2001, 12:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

bro looking for amigo

hi all,

my bro is looking for an amigo around the 3500-4000 range? what common probs do they have? engine, drivetrain... anything? whats aftermarket like? as you can tell im a samurai, so im used to the not so big followin of the aftermarket hehe.

i know calmini does stuff for em?

any info is good,

we found 3, 2 93s, and 1 92... is this first gen?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2001, 07:31 AM

Re: bro looking for amigo

yes, those are 1st generations. The '93 had some slight power upgrades over the previous years, mainly a bigger air intake system. The aftermarket is actually getting good, but expect to pay more for the stuff. Calmini makes aftermarket, as do darlingtonoffroad.com and independent4x.com. The second two were companies started by Isuzu owners who fabricated things for their own rides and wanted others to be able to get the stuff too. ARB is the only locker available, rear has been done for awhile and the front one should be available soon.

They are good, well-built solid vehicles. The only "common" problem I know of is rear brake noise (which doesn't really affect performance) and some people have had head gasket problems, but not many. A 4x4 Amigo 1st gen. will come with 31x10.50R15's turned off of a 4.55 rear end, but you can fit a 32" tire without rubbing, and a 33x9.5 or 10.50 with a small 2" lift. Anything bigger or wider requires a more involved lift (like 3" susp. 2" body). Tell him to be ready to catch crap from Jeep guys the first time he shows up on the trail with an Amigo, mostly IFS based comments www.4x4wire.com/isuzu is THE site to join if you have an Isuzu, tons of knowledgeble Isuzu owners on their with some great self-designed mods. Good Luck!

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2001, 07:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

cool, took a while thouhg.

ahh jeep guys arent that bad... well maybe cus my sammi doesnt have ifs hehe, ifs does kinda suck though, but hell be usin it alot in the mud. later

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2001, 06:47 PM

"took awhile"..... geesh, at least someone answered your question. I'm not the type of person that is on the internet 4 times a day, and when I am on its at 4x4wire.com/isuzu because it is actually a productive Isuzu forum. I just browse this area every now and then to see if anyone needs help.

I don't think the IFS will really be an issue if he's a muddin kind of guy, rock crawling is another issue and the lack of flex will hurt performance. But if he gets the ARB's front and rear (or at least one of them), Flex becomes more for show because he will still be able to pull along with a wheel lifted. And he will always have the option of a SAS. There's so many people on the other forum that have done this to their Amigos and Rodeos that he can pretty much get a step-by-step from any of them. Tell him to join the 4x4wire forum if he buys an Isuzu, you'd be amazed at some of the cool stuff some of those guys have fabricated.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2001, 04:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: i had one, heres a link...

I just sold mine and i did alot to it. look at http://kevin.horizons.net for info on MODs for the amigo and pictures.

94' Landcruiser (fj80)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode