Any VehiCross Guys? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Isuzu Honda Discussion of all Isuzu, off-road vehicles and clones (Honda).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2000, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

Any VehiCross Guys?

Anybody out there have a VehiCross??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2000, 10:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Any VehiCross Guys?

My son just bought a new 99 in S.C. I will keep you posted as to what he does to it and with it. He is quite impressed with it's stock abilities. Do you have one? Later...Harry...

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2000, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

I've had mine for over a year now. I don't get to drive it much (wife!!) but I love it. Only major problem was someone (factory/dealer) left off a plug on the firewall. When it rained, it poured!! Right on your feet from the dash. Took awhile to track it down and dealer ended up replacing carpet, dash etc. No mods yet, kind of like it like it is. Let me know if you're son does anything to his.

JW

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2000, 01:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

My son came into Naples today with his Vehicross. We will take it out to the dunes tommorrow, 11/7, and run some trails with it and my Sami to see what it is capable of. I will let you know how it performs tommorrow night. Later ...Harry...

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2000, 11:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

We put it through it's paces yesterday. It handles the soft sand excellantly. You watch the dash display and watch the four wheels loading and unloading as necessary. It sounds cool too as it chirps from all wheels as it loads and unloads but it keeps a straight line unlike my Sami that squirms like a snake but doesn't slow down. We ran through some water but we decided not to go through one of the water holes that went over the hood of my Sami. ( About 42" deep.) I had to come back through it and to my surprise I made it back through. This was the first deep water I have run it through since I installed the RX7 rotory and I was quite impressed.
We then went back to the sand and he followed me over a pile that had been dumped by a loader about 3' high and about 8' wide and he got hung up on it. The muffler and tranny hang down below the frame. I had to tow him off, much to his dismay. He did not have his owners manual with him but he tried every combination of levers and buttons but it was only spinning the rear drivers wheel and the front passengers. I thought these were all wheel drive in these conditions. The dash showed all wheels were supposed to be spinning. What do you know of this situation? If all wheels had been pulling I believe he could have made it. After I pulled him off I went back over it and stopped where he had been stuck. I still had about 8" of clearance. I guess because the Sami has 11" shorter wheel base and nothing hangs bellow the frame and it weighs over 2000 lbs less. Oh Well. Later ...Harry...

post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2000, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Man, I'm torn!! Because I own a VehiCross and a Zuk. Sorry for the Vx but glad the Zuk could show it's stuff. My Zuk is still stock, but the plans are in motion for mods. Not to your extent, but at least for some better off-road capabilities. As to the Vx spinning, it is an all-wheel drive with a limited slip rear. I wouldn't expect it to act like an open diff. As far as I know, the diff in the front is open. Most of my experiences (offroad) are in HMMWV's and when we had a similar situation we would apply the brake and accelerate, release the brake and that seems to get the rear end "locked" up. Don't know if it'll work in the Vx, but looks like your son will have a chance to try it. My wife would @#$* if I wanted to take it offroad. That's her baby and just doesn't understand its an SUV!! Maybe if I buy her a nice BMW she'll let me run the Vx through its paces. Let me know how it comes out.
If you would like, I have some literature from Japan with some pics and their accessories. I'll e-mail them to you if you want.

John
[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode