HELP! Trooper overhaul - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Isuzu Honda Discussion of all Isuzu, off-road vehicles and clones (Honda).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-14-1999, 07:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

HELP! Trooper overhaul

Hello all,
I have a 1986 trooper 4 cyl. that i am overhauling but before i do i want to know if there any easy, budget.....engine transfers. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Also to anyone who comments i will send a picture of it when it is finished.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] </font color=green>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-14-1999, 09:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: HELP! Trooper overhaul

Oh plezzzzze send me a picture..Hielo Xtrooper (qeshudheit!!!) White Knight..CLRR

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-19-1999, 05:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The Isuzu 2.6 4-cyl is the only other engine that will bolt up to your trans. If you use a 2.6, you'll need to take the intake off your 2.3 and bolt it up to the 2.6; it was originally offered as an injected motor. Also, there is no place to bolt up a mechanical fuel pump, so you'll have to install an aftermarket electric unit. Other than that, it should all bolt up the same. A friend of mine has a 2.6 transplanted into his '86, it works fine.

BTW, if you want a good performance mod to the motor while it's out, get a reground cam from www.deltacam.com

They have a good regrind for both the 2.3 and 2.6, increases power throughout the rpm band. Had one in my 2.3, was real happy with it. It will run you about $60 to have yours done, shipping, and they do have a refundable core charge if you go the exchange route. Good Luck....ed mc.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-24-1999, 04:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

So whatz the scoop/ you rebuilding or not? also when are you going to need the trailer? Its real nice weather now to be welding! Let me know. Also I going to rebuild the 302 in the Lincoln if you wanna help!.....White Knight CLRR

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-29-1999, 05:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a motor Hoist at the house you could use if you need it , only after I fix the Lincoln, Use it to pull and put on a stand then give it back as it isn't mine, but I can get it when ever we need it!//White Knight CLRR ..FULL SIZE ROCKS!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode