Calmini Lift for '88 Trooper - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Isuzu Honda Discussion of all Isuzu, off-road vehicles and clones (Honda).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 08:23 PM
jeepfiend

Calmini Lift for \'88 Trooper

It doesn't look like too many people actually visit this board, but I will post anyway. I have an '88 Trooper, and I really wouldn't mind a little more ground clearance. I have the torsion bars turned up, but a little more altitude sure wouldn't hurt the approach angles. Everything I have heard about other Calmini products seems positive, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with their 3" Trooper lift?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2003, 08:09 PM

Re: Calmini Lift for \'88 Trooper

Yeah, check the "does anyone ever come here?" thread, I already explained things there. Three points of order:

1.go to www.4x4wire.com/isuzu for an extremely active off-road-based Isuzu community

2.don't buy from Calmini unless you like buying expensive parts that do a job that much less expensive parts can do equally well. For anything Trooper related, go to www.independent4x.com Matt is a great guy, he'll get you on the right path.

3.without doing a SAS, the only way to lift the front of these trucks is cranking the torsion bars..... so just be aware of that.....

HTH [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 08:44 PM
jeepfiend

Re: Calmini Lift for \'88 Trooper

Good info, thanks Strawmyers. The independent4x site looks good. I have actually been tossing around the idea of a solid front axle. I even have a GM front end that I could put under it. I have also thought about a toyota front end, but I have not checked width yet. I have already cranked the torsion bars with pretty good results. It is probably just back to stock height again (with 280k on the odo the fronts bars are a little tired). I wonder, are the V6 bars a different spring rate? There is a winch and a new bumper in the future, but since I am in the middle of selling and buying a house right now, no parts are on the near horizon. The Trooper has been a faithful commuter (goes over 140 miles a day) and I think it deserves a little sprucing up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode