Dana 300 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
IH Scout & Trucks Discussion of International Harvester, 4-Wheel Drive Truck and Scout Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 11:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Dana 300

I'm looking for a Dana 300 to mount up to my 727. I'm not sure whether it matters for the 300 to mate with auto/manual? If you have one or know someone who has one that'll be willing to sell for cheap, let me know as soon as possible. This is the last thing my scout needs after a 4X4 overhaul. I've got chevy axles 14 bolt in rear and 10 bolt in front (if you know or have a Dana 60 for front, please let me know too!) running 36' Swampers, front/rear disc brakes, 8274 Warn winch, Hydraulic E-brake, cross-over steering, the works. So if you can help me with the Dana 300 or the Dana 60, i'd very much appreciate it. Thanks

-Pete

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 11:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Dana 300

Hello, I came across a 14Bolt myself, and its FREE.. I was wondering what is involved with installing it into my 79' ScoutII. I assume you can run a full width rear with the Dana 44 up front...Any info would be great...I'll keep my ears open on your request.. Thanks, Adam B.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2001, 10:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Dana 300

There is no difference between manual dana 300s and auto dana 300s as far as bolting up to each type of tranny. You do need a different bull gear for the manual vs the auto. The manual output shaft is corse spline where as the auto manual output shaft is fine spline.

There is another option you might keep a look out for. Scout dana 300's are few and far between (= big $$$). Jeep uses a 727 and dana 300 combo too. The difference here is that you need a jeep 727 output shaft housing to bolt on a jeep dana 300. What this means, is if you find a jeep with a 727 / 300 combo you can mate it to your IH 727 case. It takes a complete tranny tear down but easier to find (= little $$$).

One little tip, make sure you use lock tight and torque the bull gear nut, I've seen and had a few of them come loose.

If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode