Scout/Ford - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
IH Scout & Trucks Discussion of International Harvester, 4-Wheel Drive Truck and Scout Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2001, 07:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Scout/Ford

I have a question. I have a Ford 302/AOD/BW1345. My question is will it they go into a Scout? A guy I work with has 3 of them and none of them run. They don't look bad at all, I was curious as to if they would go in there or will it be a lot of modifying.
Scott

Beagle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2001, 02:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Scout/Ford

Yes It will fit, and yes there is modifying involved. You will need to find motor mounts (probably advance adapters), have custom drivelines made (your front will probably end up being longer than your rear ), Find offset u-joints to tie the drivelines to your axles, wire in your ignition and charging system, find a radiator that will accept ford sized hoses and fit in the scouts small space, overcome differences in ps pump and steering box, hook up some kind of trans shifter (maybe a B&M), If its a fuel injected engine you will have all the computer stuff to hook up (what a nightmare that would be) along with a high pressure fuel pump and hard lines to your tank, and some other stuff that you will come across. But before you decide to start make sure that the front differential is on the same side as the output on your t-case. This would open up a whole new can of worms- you would have to find another front axle that bolted in "on the wrong side of the springs" probably have to shorten it, and change the gearing to mach the rear. Still want to tackle it? I threw chevy hardware in mine and it wasnt too bad. My 78 Scout II went pretty easy. The only hard things were finding the radiator, overcoming opposite steering (used chevy axles also), and having custom length drivelines made. It used the same alternator, one hot wire to coil, same ps pump (different valve) and the rest is history. I think you should go after it, Im very happy with mine and I am pleased to see people out there who want to customize there trucks to there liking without just sticking with what it came with from the factory. Good luck- make it work. Stout Scout

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode