Re: Lift pic
-I purshased the lift from SuperScoutSpecialist. 937-525-0000. I opted for the spring and bushing package for $440. This means NO new shocks or extended u-bolts for your lift. I wanted to save some money.. Let me tell you Get the full package. Trying to reuse your old hardware really is NOT going to work. My old ubolts were to short and my shocks were to short. I spent more time and money getting custom u-bolts made than just going ahead and getting them from the start. Not unless you have a local spring shop connection..Basically its better to have all the stuff there when you do it because it will cause delays trying to round up new hardware...
- All together including driving time it took me three weekends off solid work. My Scout is 2 hours away..You will want another pair of hands around too. Those axles are heavy..But once you take a look at it and take one step at a time it's really not that hard. I did the rear first.
- Heres what I used= A Floor jack is a must to lift and lower your axle. 2 Jackstands to support the body. I used 1/2" airtools, And a BIG breaker Bar 1/2", And a common 1/2" rachet. 2 cans of WD40, a Nice Big Hammer, Flat head screwdriver comes in handy.
- Be real careful with your brake lines. You must manipulate them to give yourself that extra length. There is enough slack in them.
- If you want me to walk you through it when you get your lift e-mail me and I'll help you out.
- As far as a 2.5" lift you won't get that. It all really depends on what you want. You can run 31"s with the 2.5". Maybe a skinny 32". I would go ahead and get the 4". Its the same price range anyway...
Thanks, Adam B.