Warm up - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
IH Scout & Trucks Discussion of International Harvester, 4-Wheel Drive Truck and Scout Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 09:45 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Warm up

My 79 Scout II heat up freaking slow....Any suggestions?
And my parking brake doesn't work...It will go all the way down to the floor and I can coast like I'm in neutral on the smallest grades...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 10:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Warm up

My 79' ScoutII heats up slow too. It max's out at 160 degrees. Runs great and from what I hear the cooler the better. If your concerned check your thermastat or the temp sending unit. As far as your brakes go crawl underneath the truck and check your brake cable it could be broke or loose..

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 05:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a '79 Scout II with similar behavior. I did get the parking brake cable tightened, which helped somewhat. But it still wouldn't hold if I were to rely on it on more than a moderate incline. I just always make sure I park on a reasonably flat surface, and leave it in gear.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2001, 08:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

This winter in Virginia Beach we've had weather ranging from 27 to 77 degrees in the morning when I head to work. No matter what the temp, it always takes me 10 minutes to warm-up, but then the engine runs strong the whole way in. I use the 10 minutes to listen to the radio, take out the trash, etc... I'd much rather spend 10 extra minutes in my Scout than anytime in an econo-box!

1979 Scout II
304 V8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode