heater trouble - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
IH Scout & Trucks Discussion of International Harvester, 4-Wheel Drive Truck and Scout Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2001, 01:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

heater trouble

Well, my '72 II is still running great but I have developed a new problem. Like I've said before, I'm pretty new to this so If this is a stupid question just bear with me. One day everything's fine, the next my heater seems to be blowing out steam. Dosen't stink but makes it real fun to drive at night (with the windows down. It's putting out so much that I can't drive it very far. A buddy said I have a bad hose. I am clueless where to begin with the heater. I only know 2 things. 1)It's not blowing steam anywhere under the hood that I can see and 2) Although it blows more when the heater fan is on high it's still doing it when the heater fan is off. Anybody know what I should do?? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2001, 03:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: heater trouble

It's sound like a leak in the heater core. The core is like a small radiator, inside the heater housing. The heater hoses are hooked to it. you can replace it or have it fixed. Or buy two tubes of silver sealant and put them in the radiator. The best thing is to replace it. That is cheaper than have someone else fix it. unless you can do it yourself. You still have to take out (or someone dose). You can hook the inlet heater hose to the outlet hose and run it. But it is going to be cold. You will need some parts, like pipe that will fit in both hoses and two hose clamps.
Good Luck

Riolobo.........Nev.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode