Rear PowerLoc In Front - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
IH Scout & Trucks Discussion of International Harvester, 4-Wheel Drive Truck and Scout Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-05-2000, 12:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Rear PowerLoc In Front

Can you use a rear Powerloc diff in the front? My Scout is a '62, and both differentials are Dana 27's I believe.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-05-2000, 09:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Rear PowerLoc In Front

They should both be Dana 27 , you could use the locker up front but I belive you will get some skipping of the front wheels in turns as a locker will lock up one wheel that is not getting traction and send all the power to the other wheel. there where 2 types of front ends used one type had a drive flange having a splined ID to mate with the axle shaft splines. The 2nd has a drive gear splined both internally and externally. as for taken out the powerlocker from the rear and puttting in the front housing, It might work as long as the splines line up too the locker from the front axles. If this dose you will have climing little scout . I just have a powerlocker in the rear and limted slip up front. I hope that it works for you good luck and let me know if you do it. keep on Scouting

Bindernut
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode