Anyone heard of Off Road Factory? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
IH Scout & Trucks Discussion of International Harvester, 4-Wheel Drive Truck and Scout Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2000, 12:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Anyone heard of Off Road Factory?

Someone showed me an older catalog the other day from a place called The Off Road Factory in Hesperia, CA. It had what I'd call the baddest looking front tube bumper for a Scout II that I've ever seen.

Has anyone out there heard of them? I can't find any reference to such a business, using my search functions and yellow pages over the Internet. The phone number I have is obsolete as well.

I wondered if the proprietor might still be in business doing the same work under a different business name, or in a different location?

If not, I know there are other people out there doing custom bumpers, who are probably capable of making some identical ones for me if I gave them a photo. I just don't want to pay a premium price for a custom made one-off set of bumpers if the ones I saw in the catalog are still available from the original vendor.

Thanks.

Tom McMillion
Waynesboro, VA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2000, 09:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Anyone heard of Off Road Factory?

Why don't you post the pic's of the bumpers, maybe that will ring a bell some where in cyber land.

Kent

If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2000, 12:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Anyone heard of Off Road Factory?

Unfortunately I don't have a copy of the catalog myself. Someone else let me see this old catalog when I was visiting their shop (180 miles away), and I scribbled down the phone number, part numbers, etc. from the catalog.

With some help on another board I checked out a place called Cheyenne Bumpers also in Hesperia, CA. Their bumpers look similar though not identical to the ones in the old Off Road Factory catalog.

The brush guard on the front bumper I'm interested in comes out from the center grill guard, turns 90 degrees and goes all the way down to the upper tube of the bumper where it attaches.

For what it's worth I'll copy the URL to the Cheyenne Bumpers web site here. I did call the number but the lady I spoke to answered the phone California Customs, I think. However, she said that the number I called WAS in fact Cheyenne Bumpers. But she knew nothing of any previous name for that business, and said they had been in business for 15 years.

Thanks for your reply.

Cheyenne Bumpers web site:
http://cheyennebumpers.com

Tom McMillion
Waynesboro, VA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode