Scout for sale - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
IH Scout & Trucks Discussion of International Harvester, 4-Wheel Drive Truck and Scout Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2000, 04:48 PM
huntr1

Scout for sale

This is not my scout, I know next to nothing about it, but thought someone might be interested.

Light blue scout of unknown year for sale in Frederick Maryland. I stopped to look at it, here are my observations:

Automatic tranny.

Older light blue paint, it has been repainted because there is a spot on the hood where the paint was scratched and you can see the old darker slate blue paint underneath.

The glass all looks good

Interior looks OK, seats all there and upholstery looks decent, headliner sagging.

A little rust spot below the drivers side back slider window.

The drivers side rocker panel and door bottom are rusting (paint is bubbled) but don't know how bad.

From what I could see of them from kneeling next to the truck, the foorboards look solid.

No visible body damage that I noticed.

There did not look to be any lifts of any type and the tires were probably the stock size.

All in all, it looked like a scout in good shape.

I don't know what the owner is asking for it, the sign just listed a phone number. If you are near Frederick, the truck is parked on the side of Rt. 355 at the concrete block plant, just north of the Home Depot. Here is the owner's number (301) 606-1840.
It has been parked there for about 2 weeks, has current MD historic tags.

Good Luck, hope this helps someone

Steve

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode