D44s - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
IH Scout & Trucks Discussion of International Harvester, 4-Wheel Drive Truck and Scout Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-21-2000, 01:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

D44s

I'm going to pull the tired D27's under my scout 80 and need info on what to replace with. I want to get Dana 44's and I'd like them to be complete, brakes and all. Any suggestions on where to get them. I'll spend whatever I have to to get good quality.

what veh's can I pull them out of that will come close to being the right length?

I don't want to mess with putting them together. I'm restoring the thing and have enough little projects.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-21-2000, 10:12 PM
STONECOLD

Re: D44s

correct me if this sounds wrong, but scout 2s came with dana 44 f/r after 74. all had 44s rear. some 74s had front 44s and some had 30s came with drum or disk brakes up front. 75s and up all had disk brake 44s up front, but i think scout 2 axles are wider than the scout 80/800s. so if you dont mind them being wider (better check state laws) i would try to find me a 74 scout with 44s and drum brakes unless you want to swap to disk, but that is probably a pain. my scout 80 (61) has 27 and work fine with my 152 engine, if i were to swap a v8 in i would want to change to 44s. i hope this all makes since and i didnt give any incorrect info. i forgot i dont know if the axle pumpkins are in the same spot on the axles.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode