My Scout - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
IH Scout & Trucks Discussion of International Harvester, 4-Wheel Drive Truck and Scout Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

My Scout

I just realized I made my first few posts on here since joining up back in October. I forgot I was even a member on here. So here's the skinny on me and my Scout.

My names Dave currently live in Colorado Springs, Co. I moved here about a year ago after living in Hawaii for the previous 10yrs.

Growing up my dad always had some sort of Scout lying around. Now that I'm in Colorado and snow the need for a 4x4 was quite clear. Started looking around for some 4x4's to buy and came across the ad for the Scout I ended up buying.

So back in October I picked up a 74 Scout II with a 258 I6, original yellow paint, pretty good rust wise, engine could use some work. It has it issues like all scouts do but I've been using her for a Daily driver since I bought here and haven't had any major issues with it.

Have a lot of ideas, thoughts with what I want to do with it. I'd like to convert it into a hunting/camping/fishing rig but my mind is sort of changing on that. I thinking of turning it into a off roading rig and later picking up a Traveller for the other type of rig.

Anyways, with that, here are some photos.

here's the rest of the photos: SCOUT II pictures by Rascus - Photobucket

She's a local scout since delivery which is good, still have all the original documents to it.

Also doing a blog on my build. The making of a rig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 11:19 AM

Welcome

Hi Dave. Welcome to the group. I too am new to this group and it's a great site. I will be getting on here a lot more to get some help from others on some issues I need to deal with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
So back in October I picked up a 74 Scout II with a 258 I6, original yellow paint, pretty good rust wise, engine could use some work. It has it issues like all scouts do but I've been using her for a Daily driver since I bought here and haven't had any major issues with it.
I am glad you are able to use it on a daily basis. Nice looking truck for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode