wiper motor - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
IH Scout & Trucks Discussion of International Harvester, 4-Wheel Drive Truck and Scout Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

Talking wiper motor

Hey! I went kinda nuts and currently own 3 Scouts (Wife's exceptionally NOT happy) One is a 68 I'm using for parts due to sitting in W. Wash for 20 years and rusty. The other two are both 1970 800a's. One with the 196 4 cyl and the other the 233 straight 6. This one also has a full top where the 4cyl has the pick-up style top. Any way... the both have those SWEET vacuum style wiper motors located below the window. The question is, would it be best to, 1) buy new vacuum motors as needed; or 2) take them apart and rebuild myself; or 3) send them somewhere to have them rebuilt; or 4) is there an ELECTRIC model that will fit in the same place to REPLACE the vacs??????

I'd appreciate any feedback. And, thanks for info on suspension lift. I think I'm going to do the SOA lift on the 4cyl which my son loves and a small shackle lift for the one with the 6cyl which I drive. I really just wanted them both to run with 31 inch tires.

Last edited by meyeda; 03-12-2009 at 12:48 AM. Reason: left out year
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

vac wiper motor

Obviously a lot of folks looking at the "wiper motor" heading but NO ideas.

Anyone?... conversion from vac system to electrical for a 1970 Scout 800?? Ideas???

Thanks
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 12:25 PM
Novice

try a search over at Just Internationals forums; http://www.binderplanet.com and IH ONLY NORTH - Powered by vBulletin

Those are the three BIG binder bulletin boards with tons of information. Binder Planet contains all of the information that used to be on BinderBulletin. Binder Bulletin is still around, but does not have the information that it used to; it is still growing back to it's former glory.

HTH & good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode