Quick qestion - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
IH Scout & Trucks Discussion of International Harvester, 4-Wheel Drive Truck and Scout Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 09:17 PM
KJW

Red face Quick qestion

I was wonder if anyone knew why the rear axle spring width of a the scout II's is wider than the frame rails. I believe I am correct to say that jeep cj7's ran their spring hangers and periches directly under the frame rails. What advantages would this have or is it better to keep them on the side. I see it being to difficult to move the axle spring pads inward a few inches. just a bit of exact measuring and good welding.

P.S. Sorry about the two different post. I forgot to ask this part of my question.

Last edited by KJW; 08-04-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 10:10 AM
scoutfan79

They do it for stability, by widining the hangers to the outside. Since Scouts do not run a rear sway bar this helps on corners. If you plan on changing that I would run a rear sway bar.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 08:11 PM
KJW

I thought that may be the reason. Stability that is. Do any of you know if jeep ran a rear sway bar, i am not sure if they did or not. I will be sure to look into installing on on the rear. Any good company's that you might recommend for an after market sway bar set up. I bet I could make something work from a junk yard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 07:56 AM
scoutfan79

The ishmals (INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER ONLY of Northern California) out of California I believe do make a sway bar for the scout, also there is another company that makes them as well, the name escapes me right now. The old wagoneers I believe ran a sway bar in the 80's I think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode