No they didn't make a Scout II in 1963, but my son's name is Scout.. so this has to be Scout 2 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Here's the specs.. someday
1963 Scout 80
* Engine/Cooling/Exhaust/Fuel System - HO 302 w/Northern aluminum radiator . Not sure wether I will use the spal electric fan or just a regular stock clutch fan, for exhaust I may use modified mustang headers, make some from scratch or ??. I will probably use an in-line high pressure pump since it has dual side saddle fuel tanks. Engine has Saginaw steering pump, 180 amp 3G alternator, BBK intake, FlowKooler hi-flow water pump, stainless rad hoses, Competition Cams Timing set, ARP bolts and studs, etc..
* Drivetrain/Clutch - C6 automatic mated possibly to an atlas and maybe even an atlas 4sp. Re-using my Hi-Angle Driveshafts from my toyota.
* Suspension - front uses Rancho pn 44044 springs and the rear uses stock wagoneer leaf springs. Not sure what shocks I will be using yet.
* Axles/Brakes - Front HP HD 44 w/6 lug outers, Rear disk 35 spline moser shafted HD D60 - both will be running new 4.88 gears and ARB lockers.
* Interior - stock dash with autometer gauges mounted to the roll cage.. I think...
* Steering - hi-steer with GM stuff and saginaw steering box
Few pics (entire gallery is here - http://rcrc4x4.com/mambo/index.php?o...&?topic=2812.0
Scout 1 and 2
First failed attempt to drop in the ford mustang 5.0
I'll try to update, but this is a slow going project so far. I just got the gears and arb's which I will attempt to install myself (this oughta be fun). Still gotta mount the engine, get the tranny and mount it, get the tcase, remove and paint the body/frame, etc etc (yea, not quite done yet..)