Whats a Scout II Worth?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
IH Scout & Trucks Discussion of International Harvester, 4-Wheel Drive Truck and Scout Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2004, 05:11 PM
Scout_This

Whats a Scout II Worth??

I am looking to buy a vehicle and have found a IH Scout II for sale in my town. The sign doesn't tell the year, and noone ever answers the phone, but I was wondering if there was a website out there (Not in Kelly Blue Book) that will tell me what the vehicle is worth? He is asking $2500, and the sign reads as follows. New Transmission, New Starter, New Master Cylinder, New Radiator and Hoses, and New Locking Hubs. It loooks worth it, but I just wanted to see if it is for sure. Thanks for any help you can give me...

Scout_This
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 11:37 AM
Numkin23

Re: Whats a Scout II Worth??

I'm new to the scout community too, and so far havent found a site that specificaly prices scouts. When I was looking to see what one should go for I checked places like autotrader.com or ebay and compared what they offered to what I saw around.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 05:00 PM
Journeyman

Not really a site for just scout pricing. But it sounds like there been alot of work done to it lately. Not knowing the year doesn't help........but by the sounds of itit might be worth it.....but really try to shoot for cheaper......try 1700 to start..........yes i like getting scouts for next to nothing....ha ha ha......but good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 10:51 PM
Mac

Another Good site to look and get info is Binder Bulletin

Check it out TONS of more info

[img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2005, 11:36 AM
IH_Scout_II_Fan

Hi. I'm a newbie too. I just bought a 1972 Scout II 2 days ago! I was a little weary buying it at first, but am seriously proud of my decision to buy it. I think the guy wasn't asking enough for it. He had previously started to restore it from the frame-up 5 years ago, but never quite finished.

For an excellent 4x4 collector's item, you're primarily buying the frame and body, the original parts. Anything else is bonus parts, nuts and bolts. Almost every core item (engine, tranny, axles, etc.) can be replaced as you go.

Personally, I think the Scouts are undervalued and vehicles like Jeeps and Landcruisers are over-priced. Scouts are some of the last vehicles that had pure steel body parts.

Best of luck.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-30-2005, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Personally, I think the Scouts are undervalued and vehicles like Jeeps and Landcruisers are over-priced. Scouts are some of the last vehicles that had pure steel body parts.

Best of luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is soooooo true. there isnt a 4x4 out there that you can buy that is as stock-capable as the scout or scout II especially. my SII has D44 front and rear, 4 spd with granny 1st gear, Dana20 xfer case, BOXED frame front to rear, and v8 powwer all STOCK for 1976.
the only thing that comes close is the Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited [the long wheelbase one], but then again, if I had even 20,000 to invest into my scout, it would be much better than any new 30,000 4x4 or suv

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goodpost.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode