Help w/ 73 T'all brakes & 3rd seat - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
IH Scout & Trucks Discussion of International Harvester, 4-Wheel Drive Truck and Scout Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2000, 08:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Help w/ 73 T\'all brakes & 3rd seat

Hi, I got your email address from the Any Thing Scout web site. I just bought a 73 Travelall 4X4. It has a 392 with the 727 auto 3 spd and a NP205 case. It has a Dana 44 front end and a Dana 60 rear with 3.73 gears. The previous owner put in 3" pipes. I have two questions:

1. It came with a third seat but the truck has no mounts. Does yours have the third seat? Do you know how to put in the mounts?

2. It has drum brakes all the way around . I noticed that at high speeds (55 ) if I get on the brakes hard, it pulls hard to the left. Do you have any ideas what might cause this to happen?

Thanks

Jeff

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2000, 09:08 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Help w/ 73 T\'all brakes & 3rd seat

As for the seat I don't have any idea. I own an XJ. But as for the pulling I have a few ideas. Cracked and swolen rubber brake hose. Mis-adjusted shoes. Worn shoes. Oversize drum(s). Air in the brake lines. Broken self adjuster(s). Worn suspension components. Worn steering components. Low tire air pressure. Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. Do you have a low or spongy pedal? Do you have power or manual brakes?

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2000, 01:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I had a 71 I bought new. I don't think a 3rd seat was an option, at least in that year. You might want to check and make sure you don't have a leaking wheel cylinder which could be letting fluid get on the brake linings. That could let that side "grab".

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2000, 12:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The third seat was an option. The second seat folded down so you could get to the third seat. As for the mounting brackets, I have no idea. Any of the Light Line dealers should be able to help you on that one though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode