Scout II prices - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
IH Scout & Trucks Discussion of International Harvester, 4-Wheel Drive Truck and Scout Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2000, 12:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Scout II prices

Ive found two 78 Scout IIs for $1000 each. Assuming everything works and no body panels are rusted through, is this a good, decent, or reg price for them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2000, 12:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Scout II prices

Sounds like a good 'general' price if they're not too rusted out. If the bodies are not rusted this is a really good price! Kinda' depends, you know. Where are they located?
[email protected]

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2000, 11:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

They are located in Huntsville, Alabama. I can get the info if anyone is interested. If you want to travel but dont want some rust bucket I'd go look at them for you. The same guy has both of them for sale. Extra parts also come with them. I dont know what extra parts, but hey..free parts. If you are interested in them just post your email or say that your interested and I'll give you the info.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2000, 02:48 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

If those Scouts are in decent running shape and rust-free, $1,000 is an EXCELLENT price!! I paid $2,000 for my '80 Scout II. And the drivetrain's flawless except a leaking oil pan (I've got a diesel) and maybe a clutch that's on it's way out. But my rust problem is so severe that the body kinda leans to the left side (one body mount completely trashed), and there's little I can do; don't even think sanding would help all that much; don't think there'd be much steel left over. So, for all intents and purposes, I paid $2,000 for a drivetrain and a few pounds' worth of rust. And yet I still drive it daily. Just me $.02...wish I could afford that Good luck!!

The Warden
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2000, 09:45 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I am interested in the scouts please e-mail me.

[email protected]

post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2000, 09:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I looked at a couple scouts in Huntsville recently. Are these the same scouts. Do you know the sellers name? Was it Dodd?

Andy

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2000, 08:48 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I had been talking with the original poster. He was unable to get in touch with the guy. If you looked at two in that area odds are they are the same. What was your impression of them?

post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2000, 09:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

One was running, One was not. The running one had very bad rear quarter panel rust and, if I remember, the owner said it had some brake problems. The non-running one had extreme body damage. It looked like it had been beat with a pipe. The rear differential was also busted. It might be good for engine parts but that is about all.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2000, 10:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

What was he asking for them?

What was your opinion of the value of these?
Ron

post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2000, 11:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

He was asking $2000 firm for both. I don't have any idea what they are worth but it wasn't $2000. I didn't look at them very closely though.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode