Holley carb to Edelbrock carb? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
IH Scout & Trucks Discussion of International Harvester, 4-Wheel Drive Truck and Scout Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2003, 10:04 PM
HLB3

Holley carb to Edelbrock carb?

Ok, I have a POS old 4 barrel Holley on my 392 now and I want to switch to an Edelbrock Performer carb, does anybody know if an adapter will be needed to do this swap and what I will need to hook up the linkage for the throttle and the kickdown? Edelbrocks website is down so I can't get any info from there unfortunatly. If the adapters cost too much and it is a big pain in the ass to get the linkage hooked up I will just go with Holley's Truck Avenger carb instead. Thanks a lot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2003, 10:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Holley carb to Edelbrock carb?

I have a 392 with an identical setup. I did not do the carb switch though, the previous owner did. There should be no adapter necesarry. I don't know how different the kickdown linkage is. I do know that the edelbrock is a very good carb, I love it for my purposes (mostly off-road).
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2003, 11:05 PM
HLB3

Yah, Edelbrocks are very good carbs, thats why I want to ditch this POS Holley, the thing bogs down when ever the truck is anywhere but level ground. I know for everything other than Chevy you usually have to get some sort of adapter for the linkage to hook up an Edelbrock. Here is a pic of my carb and linkage, how similar is that to yours?

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SQC0BEsULsZgKTESS0us7ZT8Ue6Mph7ktiOE0y7tZOxb2k2R* MZBvUG8EIv1diakXixyUrVIKuyDt61yCbs1TPAOR6s9YjAoJc7 MMw8sLxrb5kkPnoRreg/DSC00569.JPG[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 09:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Suprisingly the linkages look very similar. Looking at your picture it doesn't look like you will need any kind of adapter for the kickdown linkage.
I recomend a 1 inch carb spacer too, it seemed to help a bit with my truck, but if you do this you will need some kind of low profile air cleaner assembly, otherwise it hits the hood and will make a nice circle in the form of your filter holder on the underside of your hood.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 10:09 PM
HLB3

That is good to hear! I got my carb from Summit today, so as soon as I have some free time I am going to get it installed, hopefully the linkage will bolt right up.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2003, 02:05 PM
HLB3

Well, I got the carb put on, it bolted right up with no modifications! Man, the truck runs 1000 times better than it did with that POS Holley, and I haven't even tuned the carb yet! Thanks for the help...

Here is a pic of my International and my Nissan, the International doesn't look too pretty now since I just started to tear her apart to do some body work.
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SQDdAs8UbOdNKV4XJeCMqvIEACtUEvARPBDvUBPGMzp8cbtan B8rFUeG3HYuqQU*pFwLeJVedvMkJlthhaRmrLuFI!MOpsqXZ1y Be!jC6ud7wsOdcaFh!w/IHNISSAN.JPG[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode