Advise on a 1973 SCOUT II - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
IH Scout & Trucks Discussion of International Harvester, 4-Wheel Drive Truck and Scout Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2002, 07:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Advise on a 1973 SCOUT II

Just lookin for some advise. Found this 1973 SCOUT II for $2900, heres the description:

1973 SCOUT II 90000 ORIGIONAL MILES. HAS 2 INCH LIFT PERTRONIX IGN RECENTLY INSTALLED. 345 V8 RUNS GOOD. NEW HOLLEY CARB MODEL 2300 550CFM. NEW BIG O 31X10.50X15 ALL TERRAIN TIRES NEW SHOCKS ALL AROUND. SCOUT COMES WITH A DANA 20 TRANSFER CASE AND BOWL GEAR READY TO BE INSTALLED. FOUR WHEEL DRIVE WORKS. PULL KNOB FOR THE FOUR WHEEL DRIVE. HAS A ONE SPEED TRANSFER CASE. COMES WITH NEW ROCKER PANNELS.

The guy says car was sitting for a while, few owners. No rust but rocker pannel and floor pans need fixin (water gets in) Original engine. Speedo needs a cirquit bourd. Trany was pulled and resealed but bolt was missed so needs to be resealed. Driver side door doesn't open because lock cylinder is gone. New Power drum brakes all around. Interior decent.

What do you think? Is there something I am missing or something I should focus on???

Thanks,
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2002, 06:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Advise on a 1973 SCOUT II

My personal feeling is that is way too much! It wouldn't be too bad if it had a few more luxuries on it such as taller tires, of a better brand, winch, and a two speed transfer case definetly.

The transfer case is not a dana 20 if it is a one speed, I had a travel all that had that kind of a hokey deal, didn't like it much. All in all it is not a dana 20 if it is a one speed. I don't know when International installed disk on the front, but my freinds 74 had power disk in the front so I would take a closer look at this scout. Is it a four or two barrel carb?

Have you even looked at this scout? If not you might want to look it over once or twice before making your purchase. Just from the sounds of it I would not say it is worth it. I have seen scout II's sell for less than that and they have less wrong with them than this guy tells you already. Where are you located, I am in Oregon and there are usually a few in the local classifieds for under $2,000 and are in great shape.

My last and final question, what is a bowl gear?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode