Edelbrock on 392 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
IH Scout & Trucks Discussion of International Harvester, 4-Wheel Drive Truck and Scout Vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 08:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Edelbrock on 392

Right now I am running a 73 International pick up with a 392, with an edelbrock performer series 600 CFM carburator. I bought the truck with the carburator on it and I would like to know what kind of jets, needles, and springs should be in it for this peticular engine. I know what the carb came with, but it runs excessivly rich anywhere above an idle. Can anybody help me with this?

I am also looking at lifting it, but nobody has a lift kit for it. I am trying to find some front lift springs that will work, from spring perch to shackle is 43" long and only 23" from the shackle to my center-pin. Does anybody know of any lift springs that can work with these measurements?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 06:18 PM

Re: Edelbrock on 392

Grind the rivets off the shackle hanger up front (rear of front springs), slide the hanger back to the next set of holes it matches up to - these are the holes the 2wd straight-axle trucks used.

Measure from there and you'll find a 73-87 Chevy leaf spring is a darn close match.

I ran the math and basically ended up with the idea that just about any Chevy 4" lift will net about 2" of lift on your typical 1/2T IH pickup or Travelall.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 03:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Edelbrock on 392

That is exactly what I was thinking of doing, except for using 3/4 ton dodge springs because I know where I can get 2 for 100 dollars which isn't too bad. Thanks for the reply though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode