72 Chevy K10 shackle flip - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2011, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

72 Chevy K10 shackle flip

Was looking for more information about doing a leaf spring shackle flip on my 72 K10. What hardware will I need? Just the new brackets? How much will this effect my drive shaft angle? and can I still use my 3" blocks with the flipped shackle?

Thanks, Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 06:41 AM
Can't Get Enough

The kits from ORD and DIY4X come with the hardware needed. You might need a longer brake line.
As for the pinion angle, you almost have to wait to find out when the flip is installed. There are a lot of variables involved, and almost every truck is different.
I think you technically could still use the lift blocks, but I don't know if it is the best idea. But honestly, I don't know for sure.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 04:34 PM
Mud in my Veins

The blocks can be reused but why? Are you going up in height?

FYI the rear axle will be forward an inch or so. ORD and DIY4x both sell zero rate blocks that can be used to fix this and give you one inch of lift. Cheap and easy to install.

I THINK that DIY4x sells their blocks with a bit of a degree added to them to help fix the angle after the shackle flip...THINK.

2011 Silverado 1500 Z71 with stuff. Stockish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 01:20 AM
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMBLAZER View Post
The blocks can be reused but why? Are you going up in height?

FYI the rear axle will be forward an inch or so. ORD and DIY4x both sell zero rate blocks that can be used to fix this and give you one inch of lift. Cheap and easy to install.

I THINK that DIY4x sells their blocks with a bit of a degree added to them to help fix the angle after the shackle flip...THINK.
with the right tools and some help from my friend i think we can finish this job in less than an 2 hours.lol totally such a pain in the arse if you're not sure of what you are doing. better look for video guides first before we doing anything. where do you guys get DIY4x and Chevy Parts? can you give me a site that you trust in getting this parts? ive seen some online but i think they are overpriced.

I get my parts from autopartswarehouse ,if you know better sites then send me a private message. I'm currently preparing for a restoration project. I will post a thread and pictures soon.

Last edited by andreasue; 07-10-2011 at 11:15 AM.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 06:30 AM
Mud in my Veins

DIY4X: Catering to those who enjoy doing it themselves.

Offroad Design - Fullsize Chevy GM 4x4 Suspensions, Parts and Performance

Both well respected companies that make high quality stuff. Both are vendors over on K5 Blazer Forums - Chevy K5 Blazer Community .

2011 Silverado 1500 Z71 with stuff. Stockish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode