Off Roading Forums banner

Mojave heater

11K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  c_rock 
#1 ·
So I'm finally going to get around to installing my aftermarket heater. I bought it some time back and haven't wanted to get into it. Today I picked up a cable operated heater control valve at Napa. It fits a '70 Ford F-100 and should work perfectly.
Here's a crummy pic of the heater I am going to put in. More to follow...

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I haven't made much progress yet. I've managed to install the cable for the heater valve and put in the switch for the heater itself. I also put the heater where I think I want it, right on the tranny hump in front of the 4wd shifter. But that is about it. I'm thinking of just running a couple of vent hoses from the heater that I can put wherever I want when I'm driving.
My workshop is about 75% done. I got the wiring almost finished and have just about everything insulated and drywalled, just need to finish the bathroom. I ended up with about 30' of workbench, which is totally awesome.
And the snakes have been out like crazy lately. I caught a 3' rat snake in the shop a couple of days ago, and today I found another snake of some sort in the wood pile.:shocked:

#6 ·
At least your not under the rig having them snuggle up to you. 30' of workbench will be nice are you going to put a bench grinder on a stand or the bench , also if I where you I'd get some snake tongs.

#9 ·
The core is just inside, you can kind of see it in the picture.
It is possible to make it defrost, you would have to run a hose up there. I was going to mount this behind the glove box and run vent hoses and the defrost but decided I didn't want to work that hard. I am thinking of just running a hose off the front and back under the dash for that.

#14 ·
The vent hose? I added it after the picture, but it is only temporary. It goes from one of the front vents and then back up under the dash where I hooked it up to the factory defrost.

I had to cut a little bit off the bottom of the dash to fit the heater box. It was only about 1/2" x 3" or so. And I just used some self-drilling screws through the floor to mount the box itself.

As for the water hoses, I drilled a couple of holes through a plate in the firewall, put in some grommets and ran the hoses through.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.