Join Date: Mar 2009
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Specs needed on 4x4 project.
I'm gonna make this project description as short as possible.
1976 Jeep CJ7
unknown year GMC Suburban 3/4 Ton chassis
Jeep engine, transmission, axles, driveshafts, and leaf springs were removed and replaced with GMC 3/4T 350-V8, 3spd auto(square pan), 10-bolt front and 14-bolt full float rear axles, custom cut driveshafts, and custom leafs.
Now for the questions:
1) transmission is a TH350 correct?
2) what stock gear ratios were included in the GMC 3/4T suburbans with the 350v8-3spd automatic models that had the 14-bolt FF and 10-bolt front axles? I think it's a 75-85 model chassis.
3) were any of the stock differential gear sets posi-trac/locking or just free spin?
4) with 900-16 tires, what gear ratio would be a good moderate on-road/off-road ratio....(will be using it to drive to work and for trail riding/light mudding)....somewhere between 3.5 and 4.10 would be nice.
5) Which of those chosen gear ratios would be available as lockers/posi for an affordable price? (front and rear gears both for under $500 = affordable in my book)
Thanks ahead of time for any info. Opinions, pros/cons, welcome.