What Box Will Fit This Truck? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 789
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
What Box Will Fit This Truck?

An uncle of mine has an '84 3/4 ton Custom Deluxe 20 4x4 that has been been working on his farm since brand new. It's a great truck and is running on original motor, transmission, etc, but the box is bent from heavy loads being thrown into it. So in summary, the truck is great, but needs a new box.

Any ideas on what years/models of trucks that their box will fit on the '84?

Thanks in advance.
Mark_4Runner is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 02:58 PM
Journeyman
 
83GMCK2500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dayton, WA from Othello, WA
Posts: 131
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
Direct bolt in will come from 81-87, any size truck. The 88-91 1-Ton Crew Cabs can probably donate their box as well.

The 73-80 trucks either had and extra bolt, or used two different ones...they ARE interchangable but you'll have extra holes in something, and I don't remember what right now.

Devin

2007 GMC Sierra Classic 2500HD SLT, 4x4, EC/LB, LBZ/Allison, Summit White with Charcoal Leather, dealer installed Westin Platinum Series bars and a Line-X.

R.I.P. Jason (willyswanter) Payne
83GMCK2500 is offline  
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 789
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
Hey Devin:

Thanks for the help!

Regards.
Mark_4Runner is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 12:21 AM
robertspangler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_4Runner View Post
An uncle of mine has an '84 3/4 ton Custom Deluxe 20 4x4 that has been been working on his farm since brand new. It's a great truck and is running on original motor, transmission, etc, but the box is bent from heavy loads being thrown into it. So in summary, the truck is great, but needs a new box.

Any ideas on what years/models of trucks that their box will fit on the '84?

Thanks in advance.

1973-1987 chevy or gms box will fit, but you need to make sure you get the right size box,
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 01:47 AM
Journeyman
 
83GMCK2500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dayton, WA from Othello, WA
Posts: 131
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertspangler View Post
1973-1987 chevy or gms box will fit, but you need to make sure you get the right size box,
Fit yes, but the bolts used are different from 1973-1980 & 1981-1987. If I remember correctly there are 8 on the 73-80 but only 6 on the 81-87. In the bed floor you can see where the other two would go were the floor punched out.

Devin

2007 GMC Sierra Classic 2500HD SLT, 4x4, EC/LB, LBZ/Allison, Summit White with Charcoal Leather, dealer installed Westin Platinum Series bars and a Line-X.

R.I.P. Jason (willyswanter) Payne
83GMCK2500 is offline  
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: near Seattle
Posts: 109
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
I have just the longbox for you! '81 C20 with 454 TH400 with fixed yoke for $1,000!

With the Edelbrock kit it only gets 10 or so MPG (I bought it to haul my 5th wheel so it has @4.10 gearing but it's only 2wd so it won't get around here in the snowy mountains)

Too bad it's so far away. (it would take $50 in gas to get to BC!)
carnuck is offline  
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 789
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnuck View Post
I have just the longbox for you! '81 C20 with 454 TH400 with fixed yoke for $1,000!

With the Edelbrock kit it only gets 10 or so MPG (I bought it to haul my 5th wheel so it has @4.10 gearing but it's only 2wd so it won't get around here in the snowy mountains)

Too bad it's so far away. (it would take $50 in gas to get to BC!)
Sounds like a good deal. They need a 3/4 ton 4x4 though as they use the truck with their Jiffy bale handler in the field and cattle pens. MPG's don't really matter though either as they only use the truck on the farm and get to use subsidized gas in it!

I've been looking for a truck box for a while now - everything around here is either bent, rusted, or both.
Mark_4Runner is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome