Opinions on Rough Country suspension lift.. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 01:46 AM Thread Starter

Question

I am shopping around for a lift kit for my 87 1/2 ton. My suspension is shot so I have been looking at alot of pics of similar trucks with different kits. Out of all of them, I like the way the trucks with the Rough Country sit. I was wondering if they were any good. I don't want to spend alot of money on a kit because 1. I don't have alot of $$$, and 2. my truck is a P.O.S....LOL!
I don't do alot of hard core off road stuff, just the occaisional rutted, hilly, back country road, and playing in the mud.
THANX!

Last edited by POS-chevy; 11-13-2007 at 12:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 07:05 AM
Can't Get Enough

I don't know about Rough Country, but I have Superlift and like it a lot. The springs are just soft enough and ride really nice.
I got them through the Superlift scratch and dent store on e-bay and saved a bunch of money. If I remember right, I paid about $9 per shock, $100 for the pair of front springs, and maybe $100 for each rear spring.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

A cushy ride would be nice...
The stock springs beat me half to death off road before the front springs went out on me. I was thinking about going up only 4". It sits really high to begin with and that is with badly wore out springs (had a serious neg arch to em)
Any idea if Superlift can handle hauling a load without wearing out the springs too soon? I use my truck to haul 1000lbs or more about every 2 weeks or so.
Thanx!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 09:42 PM

I have an 87 SW with 4 in Rough Countries in the front and blocks in the back(soon to be swapped to springs) and they are VERY stiff. I have not installed a winch yet so I am hoping that will soften it a bit. Awhile back I put a set of Soft Rides in a Dodge half ton and was really pleased with the ride quality. You might try 4wheel parts wholesale.com. Good luck
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 07:46 AM
Keyboard Implanted

im running 6" tuffcountry packs modified to lift only 3-4"s my ride is very soft.

any 4" leafe pack will rid stifer than the factory negetive arch front packs. youl also need raised steering block or dropped pitman arm.

id recomend tuff country EZ ride fronts and blocks in the back. steering correction and 4 new cheap shocks for the 4" lift. should make it good back rd wheeler

89 ifs-sfa truck tranplanted in a 83 K-5 blazer offroad only rig
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 11:43 AM
Mud in my Veins

Rough Country's are cheap for a reason. They're infamous for their hard and stiff ride.

The stock springs were negative arch from the factory. Only with a 2" lift spring do you even get them so they're level.

Tuff Country makes some great stuff.

2011 Silverado 1500 Z71 with stuff. Stockish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode