A little attitude/altitude for the Blazer - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

A little attitude/altitude for the Blazer

A little preview of my weekend project. I'll post picts once finished.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Narrowed Rear.jpg (54.2 KB, 40 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 05:02 AM

Soo.... how did it turn out? What kit did you buy?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Pretty good other than getting the grade 8's out of the rear spring bushings.

I ended up going with a rough country setup. I have never run them before and when looking at the full kit, I thought it seemed like a great buy for the money. I've run several different lifts brands over the years on this style of truck (every one I have owned of this style had to go up!) from Rancho, to Skyjacker, to Superlift, to Pro Comp. I never saw a huge difference, so I thought what the hell, I'll try rough country this time. Anyway, I hadn't posted any picts since this site has been so dead lately, but here it is. I'm picking up the paint tonight for the Racerback and visor. By the way, if any one is wondering why the Racerback, I figured the top is never going on again since this is my summer cruiser only and I always thought they looked sharp on a shortbox.....so they can't look that bad on a blazer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Narrowed Rear 064II.jpg (52.6 KB, 34 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 02:30 PM

Thats a sharp K5 you got there. I like the red on white color scheme too, I find it rather festive. The lift looks great on it I must say. I just lifted the body on mine the other day and got 4 inches out of it, and now I am looking into a 4" front lift kit for it too. I have a spare frame with good spring hangers on it, so I will be shackle flipping the rear.

Yours looks exceptionally solid, even considering your location shows Wisconsin! Mine is a Michigan truck, born and residing there throughout its whole life (came off the assembly line right down the road from me in Flint, MI) The underbody of mine is/was wasted to no end. It took a ton of fabbing to get it solid again, but I was successful at that endeavor, lol. How are all the body mounts on your vehicle, and where on earth did you find one that looks that solid up here?!?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

California truck. The guy I bought it from purchased it from the California owner and has had it for the last 9 years. It never saw winter since he really only used it for pulling his boat. I wasn't too up on it when he said red and white, but this was a paint job I thought was pretty sharp. The very little rust that is on it was from sitting in an unheated shop every winter and having the spring condensation buildup on the chipped paint areas. The underside of the tub is clean enough to eat off of. Yes, around here that is far from reality! Actually, everything from the front clip back, and you can kind of tell from the pict., is the original paint. The front appears to have bee repainted at one time. I couldn't pass it up, more or less right place at the right time and I got it for $2700. It was almost completely unmolested other than the original motor was removed and replaced with a late 80's IROC 350, the 700R4 was ditched for a turbo 400, the seats and carpet were redone, and they had put 2 inch lift blocks in the rear and clipped the front fenders to fit those 33's. Pretty much all great improvements other than it sucked that they clipped the fenders since they were so solid. But the whole front clip will be replaced (new fenders and a cowl hood) come winter when I strip it down to redo the paint job.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 10:24 PM

Thats sweet.. I keep telling myself that I need to make a trip down south just to go truck shopping. I drive truck OTR, so I see some really sweet stock rides cruising the southern states.. Just need to get the ambition up to get down there now! Anyway, thanks for sharing the pics here! I always like to see new lifts being applied. I also know what you mean about the forums here dying... it sucks really. I have been a member here nearly as long as you have been, and this place has seen some good times. Back when I used to work at the GM Parts Warehouse, I was on here all the time running VIN numbers and sending diagrams out to people from the GM computer I had at work... those were the good ole days. I stopped coming here right after I started driving semi for a living, cause I had to sell off my old mud truck and kind of lost touch with the offroading scene... now that i am back in it, everyone else is GONE!

Well, keep the pics coming! Get some pics of you out flexing that new suspension out Don't be afraid to be a poser... I do it!

post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 07:28 PM

I put the rough country 4" lift on my 84 K5 and I like the way it works. I did mine backwards from y'all, I live in TX and went to northern Iowa to pick mine up. Still it pretty solid having been a military M1009 and then doing service as a fire/rescue vehicle in Iowa. I've changed the gears from 3:08 to 4:10 put detroit lockers front and rear, still run the 6.2L diesel but its been turned up and has larger injectors. The TH400 has been built up, and recently rebuilt the transfer case (NP208). HINT on military trucks, rewire the blackout lights to LEDs, makes for some fun night wheeling. or some really bright parking lights. It also helps when you dump 24V into 12V LEDs.

Oh and I drive a 99 Mack and 48 ft flatbed around TX, OK ARK, and NM. I have ramps for the trl at home so when I find a good deal, well I pick it up, make my own BOL and head for home!

Last edited by stumblefoot; 09-17-2007 at 07:48 PM. Reason: spelling & typos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode