'89 Chevy K2500 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 11:00 PM
bassman33669

'89 Chevy K2500

I wanted to know if anyone knew about a supposed sensor in the transfer case that controls the 4X4 Switch. I replaced the actuator in the front differential and my truck went into 4 wheel drive a couple of times, but now it will not do it at all. It sounds like it wants to, but the actuator will not engage. I checked for power at the actuator and it is dead. Someone said the transfer case might be low on fluid. Just wondering if anyone has ever had this problem before. Thanks in advance for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 06:48 PM

Yes there is, you will have to feel for it in the top of the t-case. Its just a small sensor, and if you can see the wiring, one of the leads will be brown. Its just a small check ball sensor too, not much to it. I used to have the GM part number for the dang thing memorized, but not anymore... Here is the part at Advance Auto Parts

Transfer Case Check Switch

The GP Sorenson/Standard part number is TCA4. Bout 50 bux there, you may find it cheaper at your local parts house. Check with a Napa store or Carquest, and the GP/Standard parts are usually cheaper there. Good luck!

-Edit-
This post would probably fare better in the IFS Chevy Forum

Last edited by Krayzie; 05-04-2007 at 06:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode