Wow, 'spensive 14FF. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 12:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Wow, \'spensive 14FF.

One on a pallet went for $250 at a local farm/ag surplus auction this weekend. Looked like it was from a dually, had some crapola I didn't recognize on the hubs. Next to it on the pallet was a closed knuckle D44 or D60, I didn't relish the idea of rolling it over to look for the casting number.

There was a '78 K30 and an '88 K30 (utility rig, so was the old SFA style) numerous 73-87 C/K10s & C/K20s. I didn't see the two big dawgs go, so I can't say much about them. Both SM465 turcks though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2006, 12:02 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Wow, \'spensive 14FF.

Just so I make myself want to move away more....how where the bodies?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2006, 09:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Wow, \'spensive 14FF.

You're not gonna want to hear this, but rust free. The 78 might've had some surface rust around the wheel wells, but not cancer. I hate to break it to you, but unless it comes from a feedlot or dairy, it's gonna be solid over here. I rarely see rusted out vehicles or equipment.

A couple years ago we bought our '76 GMC K15 on one of these surplus equipment auctions, it's original owner was a dryland wheat farmer. We stripped the interior out to redo it, I found a little spot of surface rust, no bigger than say the pouch of a leatherman tool. Brushed it, sanded it, primered ir, sealed it. Other than that the cab is dandy. I unbolted the steering box off it this summer to change it out, there was paint on the frame rail behind the box. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode