flexing issues - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 04:32 PM
heynowjoey

flexing issues

I had the rear end of my 76 longbed 3/4 ton completly flexed on a rock and it was a nasty site. The bed was twisted! It was sticking out 2 inches on the passenger side... I have brand new bed bolts and the bed is in good shape. I dont understand, is my frame bending? This spring I am going to fully box it from the cab back and make more crossmembers for it because i dont like whats going on!

Another issue to correct or improve this is suspention choices. I am looking into getting the ORD shackle flip for my truck and was thinking about the 4 inch flip and keeping my stock 3/4 ton springs. but would it work better if i got the 2 inch shackle flip and then bought 2 inch EZ ride rear springs, because those would be softer i think.

So what do you all think?

Thanks, joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 07:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: flexing issues

Yes, the frame is flexing. It's just a rolled c-channel shape, not nearly as robust as the more modern fully boxed ones. Body mounts could be an issue if you're noticing the difference between the cab and box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode