Cheap height - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Cheap height

anyone have any suggestions for a high school student on a lift..i have a '78 GMC K15, with a built 400, NP203, and 31" fireston's right now, with plenty of room for more tire. I was thinkin of just buying 36's from a friend, and just chopping fenders as needed, once i looked at my suspension harder, i noticed the front springs are upside-down..like they bow up, instead of down...has anyone noticed this, and if so, by flipping the springs..could i gain any lift?...i was also thinking for a shackle reversal for the rear, but i need more lift in the front, any ideas would help..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 12:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Cheap height

Yeah, our front springs are like that stock, brand new. Go look at a leaf sprung super duty, same thing.

I don't know what kind of steering issues you'd have with those 36s. Depending on the wheel, without lift they may hit the frame. You mentioned in an earlier post, rust, I'd say trim it then.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 07:42 AM

Depending on what you looking for, I will be pulling the 4" rancho lift, along with all the other salvagable parts, out of my retired '76 K5 wheeling truck sometime in the near future as I continue stripping it of parts for use on my '86. Springs for the front and blocks for the rear. It's an older lift, but it would be a cheap upgrade for you if interested and on a tight budget. I also see you in Iowa. What part if you don't mind me asking? I'm just south of LaCrosse, WI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

i'm in macedonia iowa, small town of about 300....about 15 miles east of Council Bluffs, if you know where that is, if not, we're about 100 miles east of Des Moines
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 03:22 PM
slushbox

I've got a 4" Trailmaster kit with Rancho RS5000 shocks that are taking up space. I'm outside of Chicago. Make me an offer.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

what years of truck is the lift for, and how much do you think shipping would be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode