bleeding hydrolic clutch - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 01:23 AM
chebbydude

bleeding hydrolic clutch

got the centerforce 2 clutch put in, and replaced ther clutch master and slave cylender, now i kneed to know what the best way to bleed my clutch is. any help appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 10:45 AM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: bleeding hydrolic clutch

Let me know when you figure it out. I've been trying to get mine to work for 4 months.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 04:01 PM
Bearclaw

Greetings all. I had the same problem as y'all. came here and found these lame answers. I finally found the way thru google. just did the cluch and i've got a bitchin feel now. try this: close the bleeder valve on the slave. fill the master full and have someone keep it full. pump clutch pedal 10 times and hold down on 10th. open bleeder valve all the way. let clutch fludi drain out via gravity, till there ain't no more air bubble commin out. if ya need to pump pedal to get it started do so. when ya got no more air in the line, close the bleeder and cap it off. press clucth pedal again and hold the shift fork in the open position. now press the slave cylinder rod back into the slave cylinder a bunch of times. the person keeping the master full should see air bubble popping up. keep pressing the slave cyl pin until there ain't no more bubbles. fill master to the brim and cap. I'll bet your clutch is finally workin like it used to. Mine is [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 07:07 PM

I ride motocross and the way i bleed my clutch is with a syringe(sp?) hooked up to the bleeder. i imagine this would work for the trucks too. you just fill the syringe,put the hose from it on the bleeder, then crack it and push the plunger down, this will push air up through your system. (and we all know air would rather go up them down.) this will fill you resivoir so keep an eye on it and and remove excess fluid. if you start w/ a dry system, once the cylinder is full the system is free of air. dont see why this wont work, and shuld be quick and easy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode