Turbo 350 removal? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Turbo 350 removal?

I've my engine out of my '76 K-5 Blazer and would like to have the tranny rebuilt (gettin pretty tired) as long as it's clear of the engine. My question is whether or not I can pull the tranny free from the transfer case while the case is still bolted to the vehicle or do I need to drop them both at the same time. I would rather not have to attempt to balance both the tranny and t-case down if I can avoid it, ya know?!! If they can be separated while in the vehicle, what do I need to do? This is my first time removing a T-350 from a 4WD vehicle. Thanks for any input!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 08:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Turbo 350 removal?

It would be much easier to drop both tranny and case IMO.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 02:17 PM

Re: Turbo 350 removal?

it is impossible to do what you want to do. The mount that holds the tranny and transfer case in is bolted to the end of the trannk first so to do that you have to un bolt the transfer and then un bolt the tranny and the transfer will fall out and if you are worryed about balance take them out seprate I do it all the time by my self. Because everyone else needs help and I help but when I need help everyone else is gone so I have learned to do it my self so it is do able. If you have anymore questions let me know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode