truck for sale - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2005, 06:57 PM
chebbydude

truck for sale

my freind is selling a 77 chevy short bed with an 8 inch lift and 38's it has a full cage and the top has been cut off it have a nile lookin 350 with a gear drive, the only downside is the tranny is toast but i comes with a th400 to be put in it. he wants $1600 for it, what du u guys thing is it a good deal or not' here is a pic of the truck. any help would be appreciated
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1385920-PICT0823.JPG (159.3 KB, 120 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 09:54 AM

Re: truck for sale

Personally I would offer $1300-$1400 for the truck as it sits. How can you be sure the Tranny that is to go in is strong? Would you be putting another in within 12000 miles? Is it a brand new rebuild?

One thing I was always taught was that if someone is selling something it's usually for a very good reason and not always for the reason they tell you. Make sure to find out why the tranny went, what kind of driving he did and how strong the engine is! Check the oil for water, the water for oil and the venturies of the carb to see how cleanly it's been running. Truly, if you are interested in it find out what it will take to make it a driver you can drive anytime (i.e. the cab being cut off and needing to be replaced!!)

Just some food for thought!

Good luck! [img]images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 05:15 PM

Very good points, but remember whats been done to it. you could use those parts for a donor. those wheels/ tires dont look old, things of that nature, just some more food for thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 08:31 PM

Yeop! That's why I old suggested offering 1300-1400. The point are for if he plans to keep it together and use it as it was built. I didn't get the impression he wanted to part her out.

Good luck either way! [img]images/graemlins/beach.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 09:11 PM

BOY you guys are a lot different then we are i can tell you that because you guys are talking about putting the cabs back on and we are talking them off as fast as we can i have one that is almost i dentical to that truck but i have nor do i want any pics taken of that truck it has just got a new motor and it is now a 350 with a blower i have started it once and stuff started falling off the walls i guess it pays to own a auto machine shop. That truck right there is worth all of $1600 that is pocket change for them around here we are selling our trucks for around $10,000
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 09:46 AM

Yes she may be worth the full $1600, however if he could get her for cheaper it's worth a shot. Cash talks and if the guy wants it for $1600 and stays strong at least there was an attempt to save a few $$$ (by starting lower on the price.) When I went looking at my Blazer before I bought it they were asking $5600. I ended up paying $4900 - that extra $700 went to other things that needed to be done. Don't get me wrong, I don't think the cab being cut off would be bad, just seeing the snow and not knowing what the seasons are there, if it was to be his primary mode of transportation I am sure he wouldn't want to be driving that in a snow storm without a roof!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Very good points, but remember whats been done to it. you could use those parts for a donor. those wheels/ tires dont look old, things of that nature, just some more food for thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, thew points are strong ones - especially if he really takes the time to look it over. Hopefully everything was done well and not butchered up. If it was done half-assed, then he's going to be getting so much more headache than I sure he wants! $1600 is a low price to begin with - that was the point I was making, with that work why so cheap? Something has to be off somewhere (meaning with the truck and not the seller/buyer!HAHAHA)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 02:41 PM

yes but one other thing he also said it was a friend and most people will make friends a good just something to think on
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 11:37 PM
chebbydude

I want to use it in the summer, in the winter it will be stored at my uncles shop, I just want it so i can go out this summer and wheel the sh*t out of it, he blew the tranny tryin to climb and stratle a rock. the truck can do some pretty knarly sh*t, ive been in another truck following him, but i think im goin to offer him $1400 and go from there, i have a 14bff for the rear and a d70 for the front i just need to get em geared and locked, i think ill stick with the 38's but ill get boggers, i was wondering if anyone was wondering if it is possible to do a buggy leaf type set up on the rear, i wanna get more articulation out of it. well thanks for all the help.

peace

PS> here is a pic of the inside
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1386685-PICT0824.JPG (162.1 KB, 43 views)
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 01:21 PM

Welp, I think your on the right track. Regardless if it's a friend or not, you can still get the raw end of the deal. I understand this may be a friend of your however you still need to Cover Your A$$!

Good Luck Man!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode