clicking - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 11:44 AM
K5Blazerman77

clicking

when i floor it from a stop on dry pavement in my blazer there is a loud clicking noise. i am wondering if it could be the u joints on the rear drive shaft. it has a np203 but i just had the front shaft rebuilt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 12:02 PM

Re: clicking

does this happen when your in 4 lock or just four, it might be u joints, it might be differentials, it might be the chain in the transfercase hitting the sides, it might be the differential in the transfer case, there are lots of possibilitys, one thing i would definetly do though is put in a part time 4 wheel drive kit, you wont regret it!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 12:32 PM
K5Blazerman77

it happens in high and lock. and i had a part time kit but two local shops said they highly recommend not install it i have a whole post a couple months ago on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 01:01 PM

The mile marke kit is really good. Here is a review of it: http://www.coloradok5.com/milemarkerpt.shtml It is suppoed to eliminate the problem foun in other kits. The reason that there is clicking is most likely because you are in the lock position. this setting deos not allow the front to slip at all, and that is where the clicking is from, the front tires are spinning at a slightly differant speed. Thats why this only happens on dry pavement (theres alot of traction) does it make the noise in just 4 wheel? cause if it doesnt, its not your ujoints or chain or differentials etc.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 04:58 PM

Like i said in that post a couple of months ago if you build up the shift fork you will not have that problem mine would do it so bad it would jump out of 4 wheel. Just something to think about i can tell you how to do it if you have any questions just ask.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 09:41 AM
K5Blazerman77

ya i had the mile marker kit, it happens in high and lock, so instead of tire slip it makes the noise.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 04:03 PM

Pretty much, thats the only logical explanation. the mile marker kit in the article replaces the entire differential assembly unlike other kits. There are two versions of the kit, and id be willing to bet that you had the cheaper one. the good one is the only one to go with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode