Chevy 8" lift - Page 4 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 06:00 PM

Re: Chevy 8\" lift

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet money that Arizona has a law that states that SUV's cannot have a rear exit exhaust. Headlights & mudflaps are more geared toward lifted vehicles.. the exhaust law is for all vehicles, not just lifted 4x4's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have actually seen many vehicles around town with the rear exit exhaust, regardless of type of vehicle. Whether it is illegal or not I am not sure. Anywho, just my two cents!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

In ct i know its not against the law out the back, the only thing you cant have is side exhaust, for fear of it entering the cab... I have never been pulled over, never had it mentioned to me, nothing. most cops wont notice where your exhaust is, i live next door to a state trooper, have had my exhaust on for close to 6 months and he just noticed it a few days ago! just my two cents
post #33 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 08:14 PM

that sucks you live next to a state cop i am glad i don't because they would have me locked up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

the guy is real cool though, hell i made a potato gun and he came with me to shoot it off. Its always good to have a friend on the force.
post #35 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 01:57 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

[ QUOTE ]
In ct i know its not against the law out the back, the only thing you cant have is side exhaust, for fear of it entering the cab... I have never been pulled over, never had it mentioned to me, nothing. most cops wont notice where your exhaust is, i live next door to a state trooper, have had my exhaust on for close to 6 months and he just noticed it a few days ago! just my two cents

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, I think you better re-read the law, or ask your neighbor.

First, It only applies to SUV's not trucks.. or any vehicle that has a rear window that can be in an open position (not including rear sliding windows on PU cabs) while driving. For instance, a K5 blazer... and yes I have had exhaust shops offer to place exhaust out the rear.. as well as put on a system without a cat converter.. etc etc. Just because they will do it, does not make it legal. Side exit is not going to enter the cab.. the gases get displaced by the turbulance of the air moving past the tip of the pipe as the exhaust exits it..

Rear exhaust is not illegal, unless it's placed on the previosly mentioned SUV's. A PU can have rear, side, or rear and side if that floats your boat.

The reason no on has ever mentioned something like that to you is because there is nothing illegal your trucks set up... [img]images/graemlins/deal.gif[/img]

And that's my 2 cents
post #36 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 02:02 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would bet money that Arizona has a law that states that SUV's cannot have a rear exit exhaust. Headlights & mudflaps are more geared toward lifted vehicles.. the exhaust law is for all vehicles, not just lifted 4x4's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have actually seen many vehicles around town with the rear exit exhaust, regardless of type of vehicle. Whether it is illegal or not I am not sure. Anywho, just my two cents!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, rear exhaust is legal on most cars & trucks... just not on any that have a rear window that rolls down like a K5's. I have seen SUV's that have rear exhaust and open rear windows, but it is illegal non the less (at least in most states ( I would imagine all more than likely).
post #37 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 07:48 PM

ok ok already it might be aginst the law and yes people will still do it so i find it pointless to argue about it...MY TWO CENTS
post #38 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

i hear ya. so i never got an answer on the driveshaft angle. snow man, what do you do when you lifted yours 12"?
post #39 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 02:36 AM

well all together i dropped the transfer case 1 1/2" and i also made a 6 degree shim to put in the front and welded it to the front mounts to get the pinion angle out of the front that i had to have. I have the 203 with the plate with the 4 bolts for the front drive line i took the cv joint and ground it all smoth so i got more angle out of it i cut the cross member and beefed it up and dropped the section under the drive line and rewelded it and the back drive line i used the stock drive line for a 350 because a 350 is about 3"shorter that makes the drive line 3" longer. Everything worked great but i got to go to spicer u joints because i like them better.

Now i have to get a new yolk for my 12bolt because the other night i was dooing a burn out and snapped the yolk off the pinion and blew the drive line out the side and twisted the transmision in two it was not a good thing. I have just got a "LITTLE" 350sb in it but it is sold so now i am building a 383 stroker for it. We figure around 750hp when it is all finished and then it will have to have rockwell axels and the new 49 in irocs.
post #40 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Nice, gonna need pics of that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode