Chevy 8" lift - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 11:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Chevy 8\" lift

lol @ the kids thing...

Hey ChevyK20, are you set on the hydro assist? You shouldn't need it after x-over and only running 35s?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Because the 35s are so wide is the reason, and later on i might deside to run something bigger, i just want to have my options open. The crossover steerinmg doesnt help the power of the steering system, just things like bump steer.
post #13 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nope definatly no kids, I'm only 17.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welp, being twice your age and having two girls (3 yrs old & 1 1/2 yrs old) they definately take all the extra money you have to supply a happy life for them! Enjoy the your money is your money time and keep a raincoat on that thing! Get all the toys and things you like and wait for the kids till maybe 30. That way you can have fun without any regrets!

Look forward to seeing the finished product! Glad to know your taking you time and doing it right the first time!

[img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 05:09 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Man, 8" & 35's... a 6" w/ 35's has a bit of space already.
post #15 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

ah, its ok i like that huge look. besides, it just 35's now, i will have a truck that i can do whatever i want with. I leave my self alot of options. Oh and i forgot to mention i have quite a bit done to it already. I have put in bucket seats, custom stereo, 8 speakers, 2 6x9's & 4 6" round kickers, 2 3" blaupunkt, and 1 mtx 10" sub. this is run through a 4 channel 1600 watt amp (bridged), from a clarion head unit. Also i have the bedliner on my floor, grant steering wheel, and 4 sun pro gauges. As a birthday present my uncle got me an exhaust, dual 2 1/2" flowmaster w/ h pipe. Its a completly custom exhaust built by scotts mufflers in NC. It exits in front of the rear tires w/ 3 inch tips. borgeson steering shaft, mallory distributer, edlebrock intake/ carb and to many other thnigs to list. Now the new motor is going in soon. Ill post some pics once i get them off my old computer. Shes definetly coming along!
post #16 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 10:34 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

I'd watch how you place the exhuast if it's going in front of the rear tires. I have seen, more than once, the exhuast get bent back & the tire/axle flex forward, and pinch it closed. basically, the pipe gets bent back enough for the tire to run it over. It happened a friend in his truck, and luckly I had a exhuast cutter in my tool box, just by chance. Anyway, just some advice from 20 years of wheelin'.. take it for what it's worth.
post #17 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

its all right, theres enough space between the front of the tire and the pipe, and if you were to look at it from below, it angles out, so just the very tip is near the tire. Appreciate the advicce though
post #18 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 11:56 PM

One thing to think about when exiting in front of the wheels is that if you have nice chrome or polished wheels, the exhaust gas will start to discolor them over time.
post #19 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 10:40 AM

Not to mention if you sitting still with it idling, your going to get some exhaust back into the passenger compartment! I think the best is behind the rear tire and rear shackle. Totally out of the way of anything moving or flexing!

I have seen some folk how run them right out the back under the bumper. Personally I think this would effect your approach/departure angle and could get squished. Having the Blazer myself I can't run straight back anyways with the 31 gallon fuel tank right between the frame rails!

[img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
post #20 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 05:02 PM

I always liked the looks of them coming straight out the back.......but hated them when pulling anything. The rebound of sound off whatever you're pulling can get a little annoying. I think the worst was pulling the bobcat around and having the bucket act like a bullhorn blowing the sound back at the truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode