township roads - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-28-2004, 03:35 PM
K5Blazerman77

township roads

well i just got pulled over by a highway patrolman for driving down a township road north of my house it is a dirt road so in the summer after it rains it turns to soup and gets rutted up well now its all frozen and there is snow drifts on it I drove down the road, just plain driving and i was pulled over because i was in a 4x4 he said the road is privately maintained and i could hve to pay five thousand to get it grated. How do you rip up a FROZEN road buy plain driving. also there is no sign saying anything about this. [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 10:17 AM

Re: township roads

[img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
FIGHT THE MAN! HAHAHAHA!

I would take it to the judge, before your court date (going in early shows you want to resolve this!) Take pictures of the road, the entrance off the main road onto this dirt road and anything else that you may find helpful for your case. Then, provide the pictures to the judge showing how you were not in direct violation of any posted law (cause there were no postings!) Tell him or her that you would have not been on the road had there been proper signage and/or private property signs signifying you had no business there. If they ask what you were doing, hell - tell them you were out bird watching or you were looking for your lost dog (if you live close.)

[img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img] Show that judge who's his Daddy! [img]images/graemlins/spank.gif[/img]

If they ask why you were in four wheel drive, tell him initially you weren't until the ice on the road caused you to almost slide off into the ditch!

Either way, good luck man! [img]images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 11:11 AM

How exactly did the trooper know you were in four wheel drive?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 02:04 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's saying he was pulled over because he was in a 4wd, not that he was in 4wd.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what he meant (I got caught on this too [img]images/graemlins/bag.gif[/img]) was that he was in(as inside) a 4 Wheel Drive, not necessarily in (hubs locked, 4 wheels under power) 4WD.

I admit I got the same impression you did when I replied earlier!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 02:41 PM
K5Blazerman77

ya i was in a 4 wheel drive, but i was in four wheel cause its full time 4x4 but that doesnt matter. I think they are looking for a way to get the road fixed for free by pawning it off on me.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 09:41 PM
83k5blazerman

yeah that Sherif was a doof. i think that was funny though, oh well, let him do his job, i still dont know how we can rutt up a frozen road..?

-----------------
83 K5 blazer 305
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode