spray on bed liner ? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2004, 05:21 PM
greg_Z71

spray on bed liner ?

i own a 1984 jimmy and im thinkin about doing the floor with bed liner what would be the best product to do this with its goin to be sprayed not brushed on ....ummm i was wondering what the hippo linner is like ? and would 2qrts do the floor? i would like to spray it 1/8 or 1/4 think thanks ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2004, 10:25 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Re: spray on bed liner ?

Just so you make an informed choice... I hear it's hot as hell in the summer when you do it. Hot enough that you won't have to use your heater in the winter. There are a lot of different products out there to do it with, but I don't have an ounce of experience with any of them. I had my truck bed lined with a Rhino spray in liner and it's holding up great.. but that would cost a bit to do inside the Jimmy. Are you wanting to do it yourself, or have it done?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2004, 10:42 PM

Never heard of hippo, but Rhino and Line-X are good. Rhino wont let things slide and Line-X will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2004, 12:40 PM

I have used the Hippo liner. It works really good when rolled. You have to thin it out so much to spray it though. Duplicolor makes a spray on stuff. It comes in a square metal gallon can. Your prep has to be perfect with the duplicolor stuff though. And Hippo stuff is really really strong stuff.

DO YOUR PREP WORK!!!!!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 12:21 AM
Can't Get Enough

If its your daily driver, I'd really think twice about bedliner being the primary floor covering. I did my Suburban with Durabak, and it was real nice until summer rolled around. Front and rear A/C couldn't even keep it cool enough inside. I ended up adding insulation and vinyl flooring.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 04:32 PM
ZeroZ400

Every once in a while i work for my uncle who owns a shop that does spray on bedliners. Prep work is key. If you prep it good it will stick, otherwise you may have problems. We spray Ultimate linings which is a sticky liner, and also Arma coatings which is harder and doesnt grip as well. Seems like the hippo is like the arma becuase its a hot high pressure spray so i think it ould work well if you did it yourself. Good luck.

Later
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 10:00 AM

I have the duplicolor in my cab, couldnt be happier. I went to north carolina this summer after i did it, i have no ac and i was fine. yes the floor gets a little warm, but i didnt notice it unless i touchedx it with my hands. It definetly does not do enough for the winter months. i live in ct, and its gettin pretty cold, i have my heat on all the time. the floor definetly doesnt keep even the regular cab hot.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 03:53 PM

I worked with a guy that melted the soles off his shoes driving to work in the summer. He had torn everything out and had it sprayed. He said it was hotter thn Haitis and he was going through shoes like crazy.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 05:07 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

[ QUOTE ]
I have the duplicolor in my cab, couldnt be happier. I went to north carolina this summer after i did it, i have no ac and i was fine. yes the floor gets a little warm, but i didnt notice it unless i touchedx it with my hands. It definetly does not do enough for the winter months. i live in ct, and its gettin pretty cold, i have my heat on all the time. the floor definetly doesnt keep even the regular cab hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL... uh yeah... in CT

Try driving around all summer in 110+ degree heat, where even a good AC has trouble keeping up.. and then tell me it's not going to be hot. Just like y'all have REAL winter up there, we have REAL summers down here.

It's mainly going to depend on where you live, to know if it's going to work out or not.

BTW.. Greg Z71, if you were to fill out your profile, so we knew where you lived it would maybe help.. you been here a year and still have not bothered? [img]images/graemlins/spank.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 06:16 PM

no if you read what i wrote, after i put it in, i went to north carolina. I was there for the hottest week of the year, and its a humid heat down there which is even worse. it got to like 102 without the humidity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode