Project Fugly - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

Project Fugly

Project Fugly got underway a few weeks ago.

Plans so far:
87C10 cab on a 79K5 frame
Crossover steering
52" front
63" rear
10 bolt front 3.73
12 bolt rear 3.73
Front axle moved forward 2"
Rear axle moved rearward 3.5"
Cab moved rearward 3"
Motor moved rearward 1"
Narrowed front clip
Wood bed
Relocated batteries (under cab under passenger seat)
No BS under the hood
SM465/NP208 with clocking ring
TBI 305
40" TSLs
Keep it under 4,000lbs fully loaded with my fat ass in it

Purchased so far:
87C10 for $125. Bought this for spider gears over a year ago. Paid for itself twice over due to all the parts I got off it. Using the cab, steering box, front clip, sending unit/pump, and motor off it on the project.
Cost towards project: <font color="green">-$125 </font color>

79K5 for $215. Bought this for all the spare parts it came with. This is why I decided to start the project. Sold $400 worth of parts off it and still have plenty left. Pretty much all that is being used on the project rig is the frame, axles, and gas tank.
Cost towards project: <font color="green">-$250 </font color>

73K20 for $100. Bought this for the flat tops and rear axle. Cost me $100 to get it home. Ended up with a good TH350/NP205 setup, a 14FF with new brakes, and a D44 with Spicer hubs. Not going to use it.
Cost towards project: <font color="yellow"> $200</font color>

Smoked 700R4/NP208 for $100. Bought this because I was originally going to run a 700R4/NP208 combo but I couldn't find a good used 700R4 for a reasonable price. Got the 700R4/NP208, skidplate, shifter, and crossmember for $100. Not going to use it.
Cost towards project: <font color="yellow"> $100</font color>

Flat tops for $25. Traded the axleshaft that was left in it for a crack-free dash for my truck.
Cost towards project: <font color="red"> $0 </font color>

Steering arm and stud kit from Sky Manufacturing for $126. Ordered a tall-style crossover arm and stud kit from Sky. $85 + $25 $16 shipping.
Cost towards project: <font color="red">$126 </font color>

Machining for steering arm on flat tops for
Cost towards project: unknown

39.5x15-15 TSLs for $700. Bought a set of 20/32" TSLs on Ford 15x14 wheels. Haven't sold the wheels yet.
Cost towards project: <font color="red"> $700 </font color>

15x10 Outlaw IIs for $80. I bought these a few years ago and ran them on my truck with another set of tires. I consider themselves already paid for but I'm including them in the total anyway.
Cost towards project: <font color="red"> $80 </font color>

SM465/NP208 for $150. I bought this setup minus bellhousing and the tailhousing is ruined. Not a great deal but I can't complain too much. Came with speedo cable, shifter stuff, and crossmember.
Cost towards project: <font color="red"> $150</font color>

SM465 hydro setup for $40. Bought this off my friend. He's going to get me another setup as this one has a small crack in the bellhousing.
Cost towards project: <font color="red"> $40</font color>

52" front setup for $110. New bushings for the springs and frame and zinc plated 5/8" U-bolts.
Cost towards project: <font color="red"> $110 </font color>

Total spent so far: $1131 (including $300 worth of stuff not being used on project due to changes).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 12:42 PM

Re: Project Fugly

It looks all good in Text -

*-BUT-*

WHERE'S DA PICTURES?!?!??!?!?! [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]

John
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

http://fugly.wrath.com/

The tires

The cab

The bare frame
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 12:19 PM

OMG!!!

That SECOND picture made me laugh sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard!!! That totally looks like a 'Kentucky Hillbilly' built "motor-home"!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Something about a that cab sitting against the shed that looks great. Hey, here's a thought - Put your tires at the front axle area on the cab and set one against the building. Then take a picture with them there, you'd probably win a readers ride shot in a magazine!!

I'm not saying that to be mean, just a thought for a good funny picture! No sarcasm intended at all!

[img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]

John
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

Nope... built in Michigan. I've had that barn since I was 4 years old. Got it for my birthday. Used to have a wood floor but I poured some concrete and moved the barn on top of the concrete.

You can't see it... but there are two covered-over holes in the side of the barn where I used to have rabbits on the inside and the tubes went outside. That was way back when I was a little snot. Then I moved the barn to where it's at now. The rabbits are now in the hutch you can barely see. They each have a 12'x14' yard and a 24"x24" indoor area and a 12"x24" nest box. Two of the rabbits are ten years old now and two are like seven years old.

If I had my 40s at that house, I'd probably do it. But they're at my house (500 miles away). The cab is actually sitting on my Dad's garden trailer.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2004, 02:30 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

That does make for a funny picture.

I have a few of those white boxes with the blue lids in my shed. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] They used to be in my little girls room to hold all the little Mconald happy meal toys, and small stuff like that. Now I use em for rags and whatnot.... they come in pretty handy.

What's all that white stuff everywhere... [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2004, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

Rabbit pellets and Honey Nut Cherios are in the white bins with blue lids on the side of the hutch. My rabbits will go ape**** for Cherios. You should see when they get ahold of some Raisin Bran. Yeap, my Dad spoils them while I'm away.

Snow... the thing that proves it's winter and shows that you've got four seasons.... haha.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2004, 11:41 AM

SNOW?!?!

I dunno if I believe such stories!!! Snow?! Hmmmmm.....I thought it was only a myth!

[img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[img]images/graemlins/beach.gif[/img] <---This is AZ (without the water of course)

John
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2004, 02:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

At least he's got something to show for the cold. It's been between 20 and 28 degrees here in the mornings, and all I've got is little white frost pebbles nestled in the crispy grass. It snowed last Saturday, for like an hour, nice big pretty fluffy flakes, but in the next hour I think it hit almost 40 degrees...phhhhht... [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I just realized something, we've got a beach smiley, but no snowman smiley. [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2004, 03:57 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

I have something to show for the cold weather here...

FIRM ERRECT NIPPLES.... PINK AND PRETTY!!!!

[img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

NO, you can't touch them. [img]images/graemlins/deal.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode