Hell in a hand basket - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 01:20 AM
K204x4BEAST

Hell in a hand basket

Hey all, Got one for ya. I have a K20 w/ a 350 bolted to a TH350 and of course a NP203 and I had a few problems hit me at wonce.

The biggest is the fact that I blow threw 3 quarts of oil every 2 weeks, with no black smoke at startup and a very rather dry oil pan.. im kinda wondering where its all going to be burning that fast.

And now the more involed question, some where along line of the last few months I devolped a knocking sound that is very noticable @ high RPMs but now I can start to hear it a little at start up. I can rev the engine and not hear the sound in Park and Netral, which leaves me to blame either my Trany or T-case any advice will help. [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 04:30 PM
Can't Get Enough

Re: Hell in a hand basket

First the obvious, is there a puddle of oil where you normally park? Or look underneath the truck and see if there is oil all over the place. Maybe its leaking from the rear main seal or something.
As for the clicking, the only easy thing I can think of is the flywheel. Maybe it is cracked or a bolt back out or something.

[img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 05:17 PM
K204x4BEAST

Thanks for the reply, with the oil problem there is no puddle where I usally park, hardly even a dropm of oil, I replaced the oil pan gasket thinking that was it but I still burn the oil.
And ive come to the same soulation with the noise, its either my fly wheel or torque converter. I had a small problem where I lost a few of the trany to engine bolts why off roading which resulted in a gap between the two more then likly Fing something up between them when I replaced the bolts. but ill fix it all just orederd a new 350 for the BEAST. a little extrem part i need to drive home with it and I dont trust the old rebuild engine. [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 06:45 PM
K5Blazerman77

i just had the same clicking problem is starts small, then its making the noise in every gear, and the stock am radio cant drown it out, i had a cracked flywheel. things break one after another thats the way it goes
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 08:06 PM
K204x4BEAST

Thanks You for the advice, I think I found my new source for all my chevy questions [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] And yes things do break one after another thats half the fun of an old chevy, but it sucks when u cant find the problem lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode