Gotta Light it up! Front Bumper options - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized Solid Front Axle Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Gotta Light it up! Front Bumper options

Allo all!
I am a newbie to these forums and I thought I would jump right in with some questions. I bought a 1978 Blazer about 5 months ago and I am looking to do some spending on goodies soon.
I was wondering if anyone knew of a "Pre-Runner" style front add on (over the OEM bumper)or replacement (in place of) front bumper to utilize mounting four KC lights. THe style bumper I am looking for is the straight bar with the hoop to mount lights both along the bumper line and above it to get a true vison enhancement. Being located in Scottsdale, Arizona there is alot of desert that can be covered at night and I really hate to mount to the factory front bumper (currently considering Slim line KC's, not the Daylighters.) I have looked and looked and only have seen Pre-Runner bumpers for jeeps, toyotas and fords. Not much for an early model fullsize Chevy.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know of any fab shop that makes stout, reasonably priced Pre-Runner bumpers for full size Chevys? If there aren't any available, I wouldn't mind getting a replacement Rock Slider front bumper that can be used for a winch eventually w/ some lights mounted! [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

I appreciate any suggestions or information anyone can provide! [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Thanks!
John <font color="blue"> </font color>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 06:20 PM
gregmgm

Re: Gotta Light it up! Front Bumper options

I found some at 4x4iron.com They have some very cool bumpers.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 08:23 AM
Can't Get Enough

I like the 4x4iron bumpers also. Check the yellow pages for a welding shop near you. You could probably find someone to do a custom job for you. I'm sure there's somebody in the Phoenix area that can do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info guys! I have thought about going to a fab shop, but not knowing what a 'going rate' would be for a bumper I figured I would do some homework first!

I have considered attempting to fab something myself, however I need to get the necessary tools and that in itself would be some what expensive. The nice thing about learning/doing it yourself is it's an excuse to buy the equipment - then once your done you have gotten the fab bug and all hell breaks loose.

I'll go check out the website and appreciate the suggestion!

Thanks again!

John
[img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode