Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   GM Standard SFA Trucks & SUV's (https://forums.off-road.com/gm-standard-sfa-trucks-suvs/)
-   -   clicking in the tranny (https://forums.off-road.com/gm-standard-sfa-trucks-suvs/200329-clicking-tranny.html)

K5Blazerman77 10-19-2004 10:05 PM

clicking in the tranny

My TH350 tranny just started making a weird clicking noise as soon as the engine is fired up. And it clicks in park reverse neutral drive and L2 and L1 and as i accelerate it gets faster i have no idea what it is my drive shaft dented the pan a little bit but it didnt start right then. i checked the fluid and its fine. Also how hard is it to remove the transmission dipstick tube mine's cracked and leaks like crazy.

Things keep breaking and im getting pissed [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]

newxjer 10-20-2004 01:11 PM

Re: clicking in the tranny

For the dipstick, just remove the rear engine mount bolt that holds the dipstick tubes bracket and wiggle it up and out. Just slides out once you have the bolt removed. Just make sure you have a pan under the tranny cause you'll get some fluid coming out of the hole once the tube is removed. Not sure about the tranny with the info you gave. Have you done anything recently to it that may have brought this noise about?

K5Blazerman77 10-22-2004 04:26 PM

i havent done anything the only thing is the dent in the pan but i dont think thats the cause. it only makes the noise at a low rpm or when its idleing. i dont know what all spins when its in park and neutral but it still makes the noise in those gears too.

K5Blazerman77 11-07-2004 09:51 PM

well i found out the clicking was from my flywheel, the flexplate is cracked and has to be replaced. is this a common problem what causes it.

snowmancat 11-09-2004 01:39 AM

i had mine do it one time because the bell housing bolts came loose and the trany was moveing a little bit but i have just seen them crack to. The easyest way that i have found to do that is put a jack under the cross member and take the bolts out to the frame and the drive lines loose and the tranny lines maby depends and put two bolts in the bottom bolt holes that are about 6" long or longer then just slide that tranny back. also undo the converter. The space is a litte tight but is save from wrestling the tranny out and then back in. Good luck